What is the best yoghurt to get

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
robevo said:
I find that[ Irish Yoghurts ] Diet Yoghurt sold in tesco is virtually fat free and made with sweeteners and real fruit no added sugar gluten free and only 67 cals per pot very good taste. And comes in various fruit combinations.

Do you know what the carb content is ?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
robevo said:
The carb count is 9.0g on average per pot

Thank's for that. sounds good for me. :D

samcogle

Hi Jean and welcome :)
I have bought those new muller lite yogurts with dark chocolate but even with my reading glasses on I can't read the small print to check the carbs. Need to wait for my son to get in so he can do it for me [I have become an old f**t]. Had one after tea though and my BS was ok 2 hours later and they were lush :D

PRINNY

hi everyone, has anyone tried easyo yoghurt? you make it yourself, once you have the kit its very simple to make and comes in allsorts of flavours, there is a diet one, which is unsweetened so you can add what you want to it , greek style, the usual fruit flavours. you can get them from julian graves shops and qvc shopping channel sells it, it does seem a bit expensive at first but it has been compared to buying yoghurts of the same amount it makes a litre each time and overall does work out cheaper, it has all the pro biotic stuff in them and stays fresh in the fridge for two weeks. i am having the unsweetened vanilla at the moment, nice with some fruit or nuts and some splenda, hows about that for advertising think i will send them a bill lol, all the best, prinny.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
PRINNY said:
hi everyone, has anyone tried easyo yoghurt? you make it yourself, once you have the kit its very simple to make and comes in allsorts of flavours, there is a diet one, which is unsweetened so you can add what you want to it , greek style, the usual fruit flavours. you can get them from julian graves shops and qvc shopping channel sells it, it does seem a bit expensive at first but it has been compared to buying yoghurts of the same amount it makes a litre each time and overall does work out cheaper, it has all the pro biotic stuff in them and stays fresh in the fridge for two weeks. i am having the unsweetened vanilla at the moment, nice with some fruit or nuts and some splenda, hows about that for advertising think i will send them a bill lol, all the best, prinny.

Looks like low GI, any idea of the other Nutritional information ? i.e Carbs etc ?? Nothing given on web site !

Romola

If you find the small print difficult to read, you could go shopping prepared by looking at one of the online delivery sites, eg Ocado. They give detailed product information that is easy to read - and you can compare from the range of products they sell.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Romola said:
If you find the small print difficult to read, you could go shopping prepared by looking at one of the online delivery sites, eg Ocado. They give detailed product information that is easy to read - and you can compare from the range of products they sell.

Thanks Romola. :?

I was on the web site - there is no information at all. Just says Wheat, Gluten and Sulphite free !! :twisted:

samcogle

cugila said:
Romola said:

Thanks Romola. :?

I was on the web site - there is no information at all. Just says Wheat, Gluten and Sulphite free !! :twisted:
What more can you want?? :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Actually i saw some in Julian Graves today. the carbs are around 11g per 100g and the same amount of sugars !

samcogle

cugila said:
Actually i saw some in Julian Graves today. the carbs are around 11g per 100g and the same amount of sugars !
Could you translate that for the thicky here please? I am assuming that is not good?? :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
For me, I just wouldn't eat more than a small spoonful or two. I have tried different Yoghurts and know which ones to avoid. Try one and monitor the result. I just spike if I try to eat a normal size tub. Lot's of others on here can probably manage them quite well. Not cheap though !

Ken. :D

samcogle

Cheers my dear. Always thought I was a nutritional expert with being on various diets over the years but never looked at carbs, only carolies or points, when I did weight watchers and it is like a whole new world!

PRINNY

hi everyone, just been looking at information on the back of the vanilla easiyo yoghurt, it says, 7.1g of carbs and same for sugars per 100g 0.5g of fat, this will vary depending on which type you have, i dont have large amounts and i have heard of other diabetics who tolarate it well, it doesnt seem to have a bad effect on me and my bs levels stay in the normal range for me between 4.5 amd 6.8, its a matter of trial and error like many things we eat some of us do better, what suits one doesnt always suit another, just like life, it wouldnt do for us all to be the same, how boring would that be! all the best,prinny

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I am getting slightly addicted to Yeo Valley natural yogurt (the whole milk one), it's got no added ingredients, tastes delish, around 6g carbs / 100g, yummy!

baruch

For those with diabetes 2, I would recommend
Eridanous Greek yoghurt which is sold by Lidl.
When I spotted it here in Eastbourne, I found it
hard to believe that the carbs were only 2.8%. I though it
was a misprint so I queried this with Lidl, and they eventually
confirmed that this was the correct figure. It costs £1.95
for a kilo tube, which makes its around twice as expensive
as Lidl's other yoghurts but I think it's well worth the extra. It is
very creamy and not too sweet. The fat content is 10%,
so I usually dilute it with soya milkto have on my muesli.
I buy Sainsbury's own musli which ha a sugar level of 4.8%,
which is a lot lower than most other brands. I don't think it
contains added sugar and it only has a small of amount of raisings.
Worth taking a look at in my opinion.
I've had diabetes 2 for ten years, during the last three of
which I've been eating a vegetarian diet, which I find a great
help. Again I would recommend others to take a look at this as
a means of managing their diabetes.
Regards
Barry Appleby

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I have made my own yoghurt for years and it is very easy to do providing that you observe strict cleanliness and check the temperatures carefully.

I use the last three or more portions as a starter for the next batch until I find that I need a completely new starter which makes it more economical.

You can also accurately measure and control the number of carbs too. Acidity is controlled by careful temperature control and I never need to use any form of sweetening. It keeps for two to three weeks in the fridge and is delicious.

An Iranian friend tells me that it reminds me of his mother’s yoghurt and he always wants it for breakfast when he stays with us which I think is a huge compliment. Based on that I would say home made is the best yoghurt! 8) :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Barry,

Don't know about the vegetarian diet, but I will check out the greek yoghurt. Neto's do a low-fat bio yoghurt that is only 5.5g of carbs per 100g, Anne Forshaw's is the brand. It tastes delicious on its own or on your breakfast cereal. :)

Nigel