Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck, it's a fantastic thing to do :D

All the best RRB :)

jskaife87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! Yes its going to be quite an achievment, One of those life achievements that iv always wanted to do!

Still looking for donations :)

Thanks all!

x

jskaife87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening, hope some more fellow type 1 diabetics can get behind me!

i know its Xmas soon but any donation big or small is greatly appreciated!

Would anybody be interested in an online competition? It would be guessing my finishing time? For example, 5 hours, 4 hours etc

Will cost £5 to enter and there will be a prize too?

Let me know ya'll thoughts

x

jskaife87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Facebook_Cover_WO.jpg

Good morning all,

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 16 years and iv reached that stage in my life where I feel I need to achieve something GRAND. So I have decided to run the 2015 London Marathon and although this is going to be a huge challenge for any Type 1 diabetic, I'm sure you would all agree with me that its going to be a rewarding one!

Unfortunately I cant raise money for Diabetes UK as there were no spaces left, so I am going to be running for a charity called KAB (Kent Association for the Blind) http://www.kab.org.uk/

They help and assist people living with impaired vision to live as normal life as possible. I live in Kent, so its great for me to be raising money for a charity which is local to myself and in fact they help people affected by sight impairment caused by Diabetes.

What I am asking from members of this forum, which has a huge audience, is a £1 donation. I am aiming to raise £1500 for this charity. You can donate here:

https://www.justgiving.com/Skaife

or

You can text SKAI66 £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

To be frank, i don't actually expect anyone to donate, i'm a complete stranger to you all, but i am hoping you might get behind a fellow Type 1 Diabetic with this huge challenge ahead and help me raise some money for charity (which is a good thing at the end of the day)

Many thanks to all that have read this post, and many thanks to all that make a donation!

Jason
Type 1 Diabetic

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey there,
Good luck with your challenge!
Have you thought of joining the Sporty diabetic type 1's Facebook group? Lots of help and advice there if you need it.
Take a peek at: www.teambloodglucose.com