What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya :) No, they didn't affect my bs. They were just Edam slices which are only 0.1g carbs per 100g. Stuck two slices together, 6 minutes in the oven, then bent over a wooden spoon handle and left to cool. They weren't crispy as I hoped, but it meant I could roll them up like a tortilla wrap.
Thanks, think I am gonna try these next week :)

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Look at Linwoods on line they have them also free delivery.
LINWOODS FOODS

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on the lookout for chia seeds but no sightings as yet. I bought some quinoa but not sure what to do with it!

If you live in the UK, there's so many places that sell chia seeds, most of the major supermarkets do. I buy mine from Holland & barrat or tesco.
Or have a look online... Amazon?

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B.... Fresh raspberries, full fat greek yogurt with a dash of double cream.... Soooo Yummylicious, I felt like I was indulging in a naughty treat :hungry:
S.... I'm not a fan of coffee but was dying to try this out it was recommend by someone from this site, sorry can't remember who it was...
Coffee with coconut oil and double cream... Omg! :hungry:
L..... Mushrooms, courgette, and a couple thin slices of hallumi all stir fried in my new love for coconut oil.
D..... Hoping to make a 'mock pizza' using 1/2 tortilla as the base, only 12g carbs. Topped with mushrooms courgette peppers onion and cheese

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you live in the UK, there's so many places that sell chia seeds, most of the major supermarkets do. I buy mine from Holland & barrat or tesco.
Or have a look online... Amazon?

Hi @Rose28. I live in South Shields in the N.E UK - no Holland and Barratt here I'm afraid, and the local supermarkets don't seem to stock chia seeds :-(
I'll have to have a look in one of the bigger towns/cities when I get the chance. Don't even have an M&S here anymore...:-/

Today I've had:
B: late brekkie, tried small amount of oats with raspberries, yoghurt and cream
No lunch
D: two pork loin steaks pan fried, mushrooms sautéed in butter. Will be having more yoghurt, rasps, and cream later on.
Snacks: might have an avocado

Forgot to add, I had coffee with cream this morning it's been years since I had that. Luxury!

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

Today
Breakfast. Big luscious field mushrooms in butter with canadian thick cut bacon and poached eggs! Oh my word
Lunch. Still getting over breakfast so an espresso double coffee
Afternoon snack 4 almonds
Supper just getting ready to dish up...
Beautiful local fed lamb steak. Smells beautiful. With bay rosemary and sage..onions high temp wok cooked barely cooked with cauli cheese mash green beans and stir fried kale and home made gravy with wine stock. It looks beyond delicious :)

Reactions: 7 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
pavlovsdog.may be you didnt see my post you can get Chia seeds from LINWOODS FOODS on line google linwoods food ,free delivery and they are fast.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I don't usually buy bread, but was making something that called for it today, so was tempted to try eating bread for breakfast. It was a mistake. I could actually feel my blood rising out of my comfort zone :eek: It didn't get seriously high, but I didn't enjoy the ride so will stick to eggs in future :chicken:

6.1 pre
8.2 one hour
6.7 two hours

Breakfast: one slice of Burgen soya and linseed toast with peanut butter, creamy decaf
Lunch: grazing on nut roast and horrible cranberry sauce
Dinner: nut roast and cauli mash

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast scrambled eggs
lunch tuna mayo, cheese and salad
dinner belly pork with sage and onions and cyder vinegar gravy done in slow cooker with few carrots, dsp peas( god peas are boring but mr E has to have them), broccoli and 1 small roast potato.
snack 3 small chocolate brazils- I used 85% but it overpowers the nut so will make next batch with 73%

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
When i got up this morning I had my home made cereal as usual
L we had bacon and egg mushroome and tined tomatos
D we have had roast chicken ,roast parsnips and carrots,cauliflour and green beans.and about to have blueberrys and yogurt.
I have got my husband on my way of eating,I am thin and diabetic and he is over weight and none diabetic.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 2 eggs scrambled with 3 large mushrooms
L - beef burger with tomato and olive salad, smoked cheese, fried onions and mushrooms
D - cheese coleslaw with a small tin of tuna and extra cheddar followed by berries with cream and a sprinkling of nuts

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long day on the road today......

Early breakfast - Greek yoghurt with fresh strawberries and flaked almonds
Mid Morning - flask of creamy coffee with added coconut oil
Packed lunch - 1 cold Paul Rankin sausage, 1 hard boiled egg, 2 sticks of celery spread with cream cheese, 2 mini babybel cheeses
Teatime snack on motorway - Starbucks Americano coffee with dash of cream and.....a buttered and toasted fruit bread slice which took my bs to 10.5. :(
Not long home and too tired to cook so a cold supper of blue 20g Stilton cheese, cucumber, celery and cherry tomatoes on the vine...

Jealous of everyone's yummy Sunday roasts. I shall make one tomorrow instead. I'll be good and ready for it after my fasting ultra sound in the morning...

Night all

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre-breakfast: 2 slices ham
Brunch: baked salmon, glass green smoothie, 2 oatcakes (7.4g carbs in oatcakes)
3pm: Burger King humongous burger, 1/2 bun, 8 chips (??? g carbs)
9pm: two LC cheese straws (approx 3 g carbs)

Back to work tomorrow, to back to the straight and narrow too.

Spent the weekend at my parents'. Lovely visit, but dismayed to see my newly diagnosed type 2 father tucking into mashed potato, 2 mince pies and 2 handfuls of choc coated crystallised ginger with his coffee - in a single evening meal. :(
He was happy to talk about it, and is very pleased with his breakfast and lunch readings, but can't seem to get a grip on his evening readings. Maybe will have to stop the glass of red wine...?

Oh dear.
So we chatted about safe limits, testing individual foods, and how alcohol doesn't shoot BG up, as he was thinking it did.

He thinks
The crystallised ginger is ok, because it is ginger.
Didn't think the choc was bad, because it is 'dark'
Potato MUST be ok, though obviously not in huge portions.
And the mince pies are a Christmas treat (in November)

Very surprised at how high his meter goes in the evenings.
But carefully didn't let me know quite how high.

I really tried not to lecture. :bag:
Tried to explain about testing foods in isolation, or with the same meal repeated.
We talked about complications.
And eye tests. And foot tests.
And eating to his meter.

I really hope I didn't overload him, or squish him, or knock his confidence. :(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG

I feel guilty telling you all about this - it was such an orgasmic eating experience, I risk corrupting you all simply by telling you about it:

Decided I needed a bedtime snack.
Went foraging.
Decided my peanut 9bar wasn't enough.
So added some extra thick double cream, spooned over the crumbled 9bar, in a bowl.

Divine.

Better than most of the desserts I have ever paid good money for in restaurants.

Reactions: 8 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sunday
B. Well brunch really
Bacon fried egg mushroom 1 Tomato sausage ....and some rather delicious ( but not sure if its low carb ) black pudding.
Weak cocut oil and cream coffee.Snack few brazil nuts ....
Dinner ...mozzarella cheese And salad ...raspberries and single cream .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG

I feel guilty telling you all about this - it was such an orgasmic eating experience, I risk corrupting you all simply by telling you about it:

Decided I needed a bedtime snack.
Went foraging.
Decided my peanut 9bar wasn't enough.
So added some extra thick double cream, spooned over the crumbled 9bar, in a bowl.

Divine.

Better than most of the desserts I have ever paid good money for in restaurants.

And, I bet a few raspberries would have added yet another dimension..

Memo to self: Pick up a couple of 9Bars next time I see them.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday we were out for lunch with some friends, to an Italian. That wouldn't have been my personal No.1 choice, but I wasn't choosing. Anyway, it was fine.

Starter: Tomato and Mozzarella salad with red onion and balsamic vinegar, with a couple of styles of garlic bread and olives to share with everyone else. There was lots to eat. (The Balsamic used tasted very sweet; how tastes change!)
Main: Chicken in a cream and garlic sauce, with roasted garlic (no vampires on Planet Breather last night!), a rocket and parmesan salad and a few seasonal veggies. I'm pretty certain the sauce was roux based, but it was delicions.
No sweet, but creamy coffees.

I had, irritatingly, forgotten my meter, but at about the 3 hours point, I was 4.1. There was nothing too dire to "hurt" me in my choices, with a sensible amount of bread consumed, so I would have been devasted to find anything too dire happening there.

There were lots and lots of modest carb choices available, so that place will be on the returns list, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.