How do you feel after a very high blood sugar?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After I have a very high sugar once I get it down. I get very sick, Shaky , grumpy, tired ect. I was wondering if I was the only one who had this happen. I obviously get high symptoms while i'm high. But its almost worse when it gets down, I am wondering if i was the only one who this happens to.

Beaver Lee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, are you newly diagnosed?
Our son who was diagnosed 5 years ago used to feel worse when his blood sugars came down. It was as if his body had got so used to the higher sugars that the lower sugars left him feeling odd.
Welcome to the forum!
Beaver Lee

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do feel like that after a high blood sugar - uncomfortable in my skin, grumpy, very very tired, out of sorts. I put it down to the strain my body has been under while struggling with the high blood sugar. It's nice to get back to the land of optimism, on an even keel and to try to stay there! :)

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed I feel the worst after periods of rapid changes in my sugars, like, if I catch a sugar of say 14, and then inject. I don't feel as bad at 14 as I do when I start to feel it dropping back to normal. The same goes for lows - if I catch myself at 3 and eat something super sugary and it jumps really fast past normal up to like 8 of higher I feel worse then I did at 3 for a little bit.

As mentioned above I think it's because our body can't adopt well to sudden large changes in our levels and it gets angry with us when we make it change that quickly lol

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
After I have a very high sugar once I get it down. I get very sick, Shaky , grumpy, tired ect. I was wondering if I was the only one who had this happen. I obviously get high symptoms while i'm high. But its almost worse when it gets down, I am wondering if i was the only one who this happens to.
I felt like ****. Once had a 30.5 mmol/l and thought I was dying. I was so thirsty anything I drank made no difference, my head was pounding and I was so sleepy. Took lots of insulin and fluids to lower my BGs to a safe level. Probably should have been in hospital but I hate them lol