Pump

simon.davies2

I've been on the pump for nearly a year and yes it has its + points , but sometimes can't help thinking I was better off on the pen , do any of you amazing members feel the same , just need to know I'm not being soft

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ive been on it for just over a year and although success on it is sill down to hard work on my part, I would never go back to the pen...........

mainly because I know how inefficient it is........

are you better off on the pen?

has your control not improved?

Reactions: 2 people

Emma_P23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on my pump since 2006. I was contemplating going back to injections last year, however my pump broke just a week after. I missed it by the next day. It made me realise how much I actually rely on my pump.

Reactions: 2 people

Boberto77

I've also been on a pump for just over a year and feel the same way at times .It is a lot of hard work but well worth the effort

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently on the pen and am really torn because i think of the pump and all i see is always being attached to that tube, and needing to change those needles every few days, and then having to carry them around with me on trips and all the extras :/

I live out of town so on weekends i frequently leave work Friday and don't come back until Monday morning where i go straight to work.. On my trips now i fit everything i need into a pencil case, i take 2 pens, and about 20 needles, and my test kit.. thats all.. no issues. i do this about every other weekend, sometimes more.

On a pump i would think that would need a lot more stuff eh ? or at least bigger things ?

What exactly do you not like about it ?

RoDnEyBoY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Towie type people
I
I am currently on the pen and am really torn because i think of the pump and all i see is always being attached to that tube, and needing to change those needles every few days, and then having to carry them around with me on trips and all the extras :/

I live out of town so on weekends i frequently leave work Friday and don't come back until Monday morning where i go straight to work.. On my trips now i fit everything i need into a pencil case, i take 2 pens, and about 20 needles, and my test kit.. thats all.. no issues. i do this about every other weekend, sometimes more.

On a pump i would think that would need a lot more stuff eh ? or at least bigger things ?

What exactly do you not like about it ?

I've been on a pump since March and like yourself I have the occasional weekend where I disappear on a Friday and mysteriously reappear at work Monday morning, This is no harder with a pump yes it takes a little bit more thought but from Friday to Monday unless I am eating loads one pump full of insulin last me 4 days and I change my cannula every 3 days so over a weekend you can almost forget about it.

I carry spare stuff with me but my control is so much better with a pump that that beats what little extra weight / room the other consumables take - if any.

RoDnEyBoY.