Insulin
Sensor #4 off to a good start 2 hours in and only 0.4 down. Fingers crossed

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
mines been in 12 hours with a peak reading of 67mg/dl after dinner. It's now back to 'lo'. I think it's reading about 70mg/d/l low (about 4mmol/l) :(

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thought it would be worth sharing this. Pulled from the Facebook group. A non-diabetic has been trying out the libre, and this is what their day looks like. Interesting to see how their bg looks. This is a normal day.

It's interesting for both t1s and t2s.

f53019eb1c5daa430eee4573f901661d.jpg

This is when the user had only a bottle of lucozade for lunch.

b29f99a74fd88cc9c0e72846143e0b3d.jpg

The most interesting thing for me is the speed at which blood sugars return to normal compared with how mine react on Novorapid.

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that. ....I was hoping that an alternative to the arm could be used

Facebook has good reports of thigh sites. It could just be mine is a dodgy sensor. Over winter I'll go back to using my arms but during summer i managing I'll be experimenting again. By then the dodgy sensor issues should be all ironed out!

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The scan 'bug' has died for me. Once again using my contour usb and will use the libre one sensor every 3 or 4 weeks

I really need the count our for my dvla medicals

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Facebook group is pretty good isn't it?

My sensor #4 is randomly tracking out by btween 2 and 3mmol :(

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
For me what's interesting is that now I am sensorless, and having to Fingerprick, I have a much better idea of what is going on in the background, so my BG tests mean more and insulin should be better managed. We shall see over the course of today whether this is really true!

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For me what's interesting is that now I am sensorless, and having to Fingerprick, I have a much better idea of what is going on in the background, so my BG tests mean more and insulin should be better managed. We shall see over the course of today whether this is really true!

Agreed! My sensor is a complete waste of time right now as it's just all over the place, but the knowledge ice gained from previous sensors means I'm more confident in knowing what way I'm trending using just a BG test

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's dilemma time for me as mine seems now to have woken up after it's overnight dormancy . It started rising after breakfast ( the slope looks like the N side of the Eiger i ) and It's now 'only' 40mg/dl out (2.2mmol/l)

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought it would be worth sharing this. Pulled from the Facebook group. A non-diabetic has been trying out the libre, and this is what their day looks like. Interesting to see how their bg looks. This is a normal day.

It's interesting for both t1s and t2s.

f53019eb1c5daa430eee4573f901661d.jpg

This is when the user had only a bottle of lucozade for lunch.

b29f99a74fd88cc9c0e72846143e0b3d.jpg

The most interesting thing for me is the speed at which blood sugars return to normal compared with how mine react on Novorapid.
This is extremely interesting. Are there any more of those from a non-d person? Looks like NICE guidelines saying that non d people don't go above 9 aren't so true!

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it a reading above 9 though? Pity they hadn't done the odd BG test. I would be in a state of panic if my BG had gone that high. The correction is very rapid and then levels out nicely.

ceejayy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
update on my missing sensor which i ordered on the 20th of November. No response to any of the emails. Have phoned them numerous times, always with the promise of a call back after they investigate. Was finally told this morning to just order more sensors and they would cancel the order from the 20th. Go onto the website and try to order, message saying I cannot order within 14 days of my last order. Back on the phone to them.......i feel i might be in this for the long haul ......

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sensors arrived at lunchtime and I was plugged in in five minutes flat... Into the 60 minute countdown... :happy::happy::happy:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Aaargh. First sensor failure :( :( Lot number 141101A for those who are interested.
29ff82aa25a3ccde98140720cacac445.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Ah that really sucks! 60 euro for nothing...
Mine has been delivered, without receiving an email it had been send. I called Abbot to report low readings upto 3mmol difference on my first sensor. Abbot is now sending me test strips for the Libre, since I used a BG-meter from a different company. However, I don't think that is the problem. So if your sensor suffers from inaccuracy and they ask which BG-meter you have used to control it, you better tell them the Libre, or your sensor won't be replaced;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well the second sensor is better. It's working! Phew, that's a relief.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So 24 hours into #4 and now tracking 4mmol out. Not looking good

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad the second one is working Tim. All these dud sensors must be costing them a fortune. Still undecided whether to tell them about mine. It is now only1mmol/l out. If it now settles I may send them an email with a copy of my first days red line graph.It is easier to write than to speak. (actually it's what they reply I find difficult.

What it did show this afternoon was how stressed I get with some medical examinations. I had my two yearly cardiac and aterial checkups and both were very thorough (echo scans etc) One then has to sit there whilst they dictate, using voice activated software the letter to your doctor.(you take it with you when you go) My glucose levels had another steep climb and stayed there all the time I was there.
(It didn't help when realised there was something about mitral valve insufficiency; a little knowledge can make you very scared. When I asked him about it he said that it really wasn't much and should be OK for another 50 years As I'm 62, that's fine but it certainly didn't do my glucose levels much good)