Giving up

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a diabetic type 1 I am waiting to go on an inserlin pump I was waiting for a letter for dates I work to many hours as I am a manager in retail I feel stressed all the time and feel like I have no time to do anything I have pain in my feet and my legs feel like there burning I haven't took any inserlin for 3 days or checked my blood for 2 weeks I am just fed up I try and try but always get thrown back I've just taken an overdose of inserlin to bring my bloods Down

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you've given up. I hope the insulin you have taken gets your bloods down. But not too far.

Please let us know later in the day how you are doing.

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I took 40 nova rapid and 44 tresiba so should come down quick my blood was reading HI . I just need some 1 to talk to as I suffer from depression but I can't talk to family because they have a go and I don't like talking to the doctors

Reactions: 2 people

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, we are all here to listen. We've all been through the same at some time, so we wont have a go.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not nagging, just a bit worried.
Please test to see what is happening to your glucose levels just in case they are falling rapidly. If you haven' had any insulin for 3 days though you could have some ketones. Are you able to check for those?

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You won't always feel this bad. I know that's hard to believe at the moment, but you will come through this and have better times in your life. Keep working on your blood sugar, don't give up.
Nancy

hughsey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, badbrogs21, ive been a diabetic for 21yrs, and suffer from astham as well. I have very bad bouts of depression which i was takening meds for. I found that if my sugars are high i have the bouts of depression but if there low am grand, if too low i just totally lose it. Its a very hard balance to keep sugars right, i too work long hours and am always under pressure too. But i never forget to take my insulin. Each person is different, am not saying this condition is easy to live with, oh no far from it. But its a callange that if i get up every morning am doing well.

Reactions: 2 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hi @badbrogs21

I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through - I've been there too.

There is light at the other end, believe me.

Read this - it certainly helped me sit up and think about my situation:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/emotions/diabetes-burnout.html

Then come back to us with whatever rants, questions, etc. you may have.

With very best wishes.
C.