asparagus 170g
cheddar 50g
Tawny Port 4oz

Reactions: 8 people

shezy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just thought I would mention my last takeaway Indian meal . We don't have takeaways often so this was my first since being diagnosed in September. I thought I would have to grind up some cauliflower at home instead of rice but looking at the menu I went for tandoori chicken, cucumber raitha (yoghurt) and cauliflower bhaji (not bhjee). It was great and I was just 6.8 two hours after! Need to research a Chinese takeaway now - anyone got any ideas please ???

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Just thought I would mention my last takeaway Indian meal . We don't have takeaways often so this was my first since being diagnosed in September. I thought I would have to grind up some cauliflower at home instead of rice but looking at the menu I went for tandoori chicken, cucumber raitha (yoghurt) and cauliflower bhaji (not bhjee). It was great and I was just 6.8 two hours after! Need to research a Chinese takeaway now - anyone got any ideas please ???
I usually have:
Chicken and Mushroom foo young
Special chopsuey
Chicken in cashew nuts
Small amount of curry sauce
Stir fried mixed vegetables

And I always ask if it can be cooked without sugar. They do also use cornflour though. Beware, crispy seaweed has sugar in it, but if you like it, you can get it from waitrose and it's just cabbage and spices (other supermarkets may do to)

(not all of the above at once, just a selection!)

Reactions: 4 people

shezy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I usually have:
Chicken and Mushroom foo young
Special chopsuey
Chicken in cashew nuts
Small amount of curry sauce
Stir fried mixed vegetables

And I always ask if it can be cooked without sugar. They do also use cornflour though. Beware, crispy seaweed has sugar in it, but if you like it, you can get it from waitrose and it's just cabbage and spices (other supermarkets may do to)

(not all of the above at once, just a selection!)

Sounds yummy. Would have to skip the mushrooms though as I've been allergic to them for years - turns my fingers into little sausages - but I've seen there is chicken egg foo young. Daughter and son-in-law are having Chinese tonight but I'm working !! Taking cauliflower cheese and some ham with me to microwave. Not the same :-((

Reactions: 2 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, are you saying your not diabetic at all, or are you pre or borderline.
Daddy1 no I am not diabetic ..Not even diagnosed as borderline or pre diabetic.
I started low carbing as a way of life ,hating that I was so lethargic on carbs .
I do have PCOS whivh requires a lot of committment on my part to maintain my weight ..which has waned over the last year
Hi, are you saying your not diabetic at all, or are you pre or borderline.

Reactions: 5 people

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I started low carbing as a way of life ,hating that I was so lethargic on carbs .
I do have PCOS whivh requires a lot of committment on my part to maintain my weight ..which has waned over the last year

Same here, Im not diabetic either. I came here in June when my 15 year old son got diagnosed with t1. After doing so much reading I decided to adopt LCHF keto diet myself last month and have lost 7lbs already. I feel great. With my son being t1 and my dad being t2 I thought this was the way to go. The information here is so valuable and has made my personal journey easier and gave me confidence with looking after my son.

Reactions: 13 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: pinched @Kezzer4321 breakfast (well, not literally) German smoked cheese, baby plum tomatoes, slice of ham and a drizzle of olive oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Didn't think it would keep me going, but it did.
L: piece of chicken breast, bag of M&S popcorn (I must stop buying this!), and some 70% chocolate with espresso coffee flavour. Oh and a cheese portion.
D: Going out again tonight so I'll just finish of the other bit of chicken breast and have my berries and yoghurt when I get in.

alliebee

B mixed crispy green salad with egg mayonaise
Just coffee and a slice of ham. Not hungry
Supper. Vegetable bake with a rich cheese low carb sauce poured over and bubbling under the grill with a small chicken breast

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here, Im not diabetic either. I came here in June when my 15 year old son got diagnosed with t1. After doing so much reading I decided to adopt LCHF keto diet myself last month and have lost 7lbs already. I feel great. With my son being t1 and my dad being t2 I thought this was the way to go. The information here is so valuable and has made my personal journey easier and gave me confidence with looking after my son.
Well, you are very, very welcome. :)
And sadly, with PCOS you have a very inflated chance of developing Type 2. The stats are something like 50% of women with PCOS get type 2 by, er... 50? Something like that... But you probably knew that already.

Reactions: 7 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - my usual - Greek yoghurt, berries, flaked almonds, sprinkling of flax seed
L - my usual - avocado with 1 babybel and 2 red leicester cheese slices, pine nuts and cherry toms on the vine
D - 2 small home-cooked potato skins filled with chicken and mushrooms sauteed in butter, with a dash of cream, served on a bed of wilted spinach
Collaboration coconut yoghurt with sugar free raspberry jelly.

Dark chocolate all gone. Today's treat was a facial :D

BS = breakfast + 2 - 7.0
lunch +2 - 6.3
supper +2 - 6.7

Bedtime - 6.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - my usual - Greek yoghurt, berries, flaked almonds, springkling of flax seed
L - my usual - avocado with 1 babybel and 2 red leicester cheese slices, pine nuts and cherry toms on the vine
D - 2 small home-cooked potato skins filled with chicken and mushrooms sauteed in butter, with a dash of cream, served on a bed of wilted spinach
Collaboration coconut yoghurt with sugar free raspberry jelly.

Dark chocolate all gone. Today's treat was a facial instead :D

BS = breakfast + 2 - 7.0
lunch +2 - 6.3
supper +2 - 6.7

Bedtime - 6.0

I love your menu, you've just given me many low carb ideas, the combination of foods really marry well. Thank you :happy:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, today has been a weird one.

Coffeencream and no food! I forgot!!! :woot:
Crustless quiche, hummus and a wee bag of popcorn (which was a nice treat, but won't buy any more, because it's only REALLY nice when dipped in double cream)
Tested at 4 and got 5.6, and felt I was heading downwards fast. So had 2 squares 70%.
Evening meal was a double portion of pulled pork, with butter stir fried green beans and broccoli. It was huge. So I'm surprised I'm peckish now. Maybe some berries cream...

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love your menu, you've just given me many low carb ideas, the combination of foods really marry well. Thank you :happy: x

Just cobbled together in a hurry from what was left in the fridge after a midweek roast! The potato skins are a new discovery. I bake a whole jacket potato in the oven and scoop out the flesh and give it to someone else, keeping the skins for myself and they don't spike me. I shall get more adventurous with fillings now I know they don't spike me. They help provide fibre too...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of munchies and experimentation

Breakfast poached egg, mushrooms, turkey bacon and 1 97% sausage
Lunch two cheese portions and some gammon, soy latte and 4 sq dark chocolate ( eaten of several hours )
Dinner fish and chips - removed most of batter but large handful chips and some curry sauce .. The latter a rare treat but basically just flour flour and more flour with sugar and MSG. Not best idea as bloods way too high.

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just cobbled together in a hurry from what was left in the fridge after a midweek roast! The potato skins are a new discovery. I bake a whole jacket potato in the oven and scoop out the flesh and give it to someone else, keeping the skins for myself and they don't spike me. I shall get more adventurous with fillings now I know they don't spike me. They help provide fibre too...

Up until a few months ago I could enjoy a jacket potato without causing a spike but nowadays I've only to look at carbs and the meter starts bleeping!!! :arghh:

My son doesn't likes the potato skins, so I think I'll have his and fill them with cottage and cheddar cheese mmmm
And veg of course

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up until a few months ago I could enjoy a jacket potato without causing a spike but nowadays I've only to look at carbs and the meter starts bleeping!!! :arghh:

My son doesn't likes the potato skins, so I think I'll have his and fill them with cottage and cheddar cheese mmmm
And veg of course

Perfect! I'm not sure how low carb cottage cheese but cheddar or Stilton or perhaps tuna and mayo would work well, also chilli beef

Good luck and report back and maybe trade some ideas with us :)

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B - avocado & babybel

Snack - Americano (black) & handful macadamias

L - feta & cherry toms with olive oil

Snack - slice Emmental

D - 3 egg omelette cooked in butter & broccoli & green beans. Few strawberries & dbl cream & 2 sq 74% choc.

Out 4 Thai 2moro so will opt 4 low carb & certainly no rice

alliebee

B was a kipper. From loch fyne with butter
Lunch chicken ceasar salad with parmesan
D huge lamb steak buttered cabbage mushrooms and cauli mash. Mmmmm

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.