Back to MDI - Cellnovo wasn't working

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For my current level of dosage, on pump it's <<10U/day, that cartridge is perfect and will save me the faff of all the stuff I had to carry to fill cartridges for the CellNovo.

It's just one of the factors influencing pump choice, more important for soem than others.

My basal rate is higher at the moment because I'm pregnant, but it's usually less than 10 units a day - around 7.7 before pregnancy.

You're absolutely right that different pumps suit different people. I just wish there was a better choice and the companies didn't try to outdo each other and lose sight of what factors we find important.

As for your surgery - sounds like mine! My dragon of a pharmacy nurse once refused to give me any test strips over Xmas as they "weren't essential items". Have you spoken to the Practice Manager? That's what I do when I have problems that I can't sort . I hope you get it all worked out.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I sometimes think we are too polite with our NHS practitioners. I know we don't pay up front for anything (actually not true - that's what NI contributions are for) but I think more of us should turn around when getting statements like the above and ask what the person's reaction will be when you sue them for negligence because you ended up in hospital due to their refusal to act....

Kelsie

Thank you for sharing this elydave as I was considering the cellnovo as my first choice of pump! I am seeing my DSN next week so will look into the other pumps further :)

Rivieralady

Insight collected from Addenbrookes on Tuesday and so far, so good. Handset is easy to use and very straight forward. Loads of new/different fetaures to use compared to Metronic. the pump itself is pretty slim and light and I much easier to conceal than the last and of course as you do not have to get at it during the day can be buried under layers of clothing wihtout issue.

Looking forward tot he weekend and reading through all of the literature provided and playing around with the PC software as this also looks to be a very useful and powerful tool.
I have been waiting 18 months for the insight and now told it will be after Feb. Interested to know how you find it but I'm going to try something different, bored of waiting. Cellnovo or dana
Good luck

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been waiting 18 months for the insight and now told it will be after Feb. Interested to know how you find it but I'm going to try something different, bored of waiting. Cellnovo or dana
Good luck
Given my experience I'd be waiting until Feb for the Insight.

Addenbrookes are not giving out new Cellnovos at the moment due to the wide ranging issues. It'll be back soon

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good luck

Be careful.. You may be stuck with a pump of lesser qualities for a very long time for the sake of another few months waiting....