Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

First successful test ever this morning was 5.2 (got the codefree meter delivered on Thursday after reading advice elsewhere on here) - diagnosed in July this year HbA1c 102, down to 86 in October and currently chomping my way through 4 Metformin a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum/thread aka "madhouse". Great friendly knowledgeable folks on here speaking from experience/ tried and tested not text books :)

Reactions: 6 people

sjm1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks - it has been a very steep learning curve but am getting there (in spite of the abject lack of help from the medicos !)

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks - it has been a very steep learning curve but am getting there (in spite of the abject lack of help from the medicos !)

You echo the thoughts of so many people.....but you're in the right place now :)

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not too bad.

6.5 this morning, from the 6.3 I went to bed with last night.

Considering what I ate yesterday, and drank before bed, I'm still happy with that number.
I'm now off for a walk, then some breakfast/lunch when I get back.
Then it's time to come back to the real world, and start watching the calories again, although to be fair, I'm still full from yesterday, and haven't felt like eating today yet.

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

@douglas99 A heavy eating load the day before always makes me ravenous the day after but must admit I can't eat so much in one go as I used to

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 after dinner of pizza which is not bad but my carbs have increased a lot lately. Really want them down but all day only carbs i had was those two slices of pizza.
5.2 fasting

Reactions: 16 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Nuthead and @alliebee and everyone else with lowest ever results. Wish I could say the same.

Bedtime 5.6 (high for me)
Fasting take your pick from 6.7/6.0/6.3/6.1
I discounted the 6.7 as that would have been higher than ever before, including when I first started testing back in April. I averaged the others and accepted 6.2 which is still very high. Only excuse is I had a lie in.

Reactions: 17 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Nuthead and @alliebee and everyone else with lowest ever results. Wish I could say the same.

Bedtime 5.6 (high for me)
Fasting take your pick from 6.7/6.0/6.3/6.1
I discounted the 6.7 as that would have been higher than ever before, including when I first started testing back in April. I averaged the others and accepted 6.2 which is still very high. Only excuse is I had a lie in.

What batch number you using? One pot left of a batch and I've had some weird readings- averaging about 1 out on the other batch I've got.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What batch number you using? One pot left of a batch and I've had some weird readings- averaging about 1 out on the other batch I've got.
I had a box of strips last week that just wouldn't register. Just kept coming up with error E3 or something. Told chemist where I got them from and they said they had other complaints as well. Makes you wonder if the results we get are really true.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

S0314072 (April 2016) It is the same batch number as my last lot of 10 x tubs, but I only started to use this new lot yesterday.
It is concerning, because anyone of the tests could be right, even the highest one.
What batch numbers are yours?

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just finishing Breakfast then remembered had not tested for fasting...... of FF Yogurt + cream, Berries, Flaxseed & black tea.
6.0 not sure how quick BS rises after first bite? so just did a little experiment
7.3 1/2 hr later
6.3 1/2 hr later
7.0 1/2 hr later then washed hands 6.5 a bit confusing, but all within range must be the variances on strips.
5.7 1/2 (2hrs)

I had'nt seen the post above @Bluetit1802 & @adrian207 when I did this little test but these readings seem within range for the strips and mine are the same batch numbers as yours bluetit.

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
S0314072 (April 2016) It is the same batch number as my last lot of 10 x tubs, but I only started to use this new lot yesterday.
It is concerning, because anyone of the tests could be right, even the highest one.
What batch numbers are yours?

funny those ending in 72 have been ok for me. not great but ok. But the batch ending in 56 hve been shocking.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@douglas99 A heavy eating load the day before always makes me ravenous the day after but must admit I can't eat so much in one go as I used to

I just come back in, so I've been walking for about an hour and a quarter, I am starting to feel peckish, so I will have something light for lunch, I just retested, and am back to 5.6.
Coffee first though!

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.4 for me - pretty much my lowest too I think :)
Fantastic. You also get a...
smiley-face-cheer.gif

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a box of strips last week that just wouldn't register. Just kept coming up with error E3 or something. Told chemist where I got them from and they said they had other complaints as well. Makes you wonder if the results we get are really true.
Accu chek. SORRY

Status
Not open for further replies.