Bit of advice ...

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 15 weeks pregnant , and this week I've had loads of blooming hypos , I'm speaking to my diabetes team tomorrow morning but I'm slightly nervous as I thought things would start to rise not drop and it's making me question I'm having to drop my insulin and still am at the moment .
Has any one experienced this happen to them too whilst pregnant being 15 weeks pregnant ?

Hmmpt

xx

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This happened to me when I was pregnant. I started to notice I was needing less insulin the further along I got. It was over 8 years ago now so I can't remember exactly at what point it started, sorry. Baby was absolutely fine though and it now a normal (meaning hyperactive, noisy, messy, happy) little boy. Good luck wth your pregnancy
X

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I'm the same as MrsB, I can't remember the exact time, sorry, I was taking very little Insulin whilst pregnant, as it was 14 years ago. As I recall there are times when more Insulin is needed and then a time when , I was taking very little. Always best to ask at pregnancy clinic or DSN. Good luck tomorrow :)

Best wishes RRB

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you both so much :)

Made me feel a lot better and can chill the rest of the day Untill my phone call tomorrow .

x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Try and enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible, there may be a few 'little blips along the way' sometimes, but keep calm and always, ask, ask ask :D if you are a little concerned or worried. RRB x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try and enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible, there may be a few 'little blips along the way' sometimes, but keep calm and always, ask, ask ask :D if you are a little concerned or worried. RRB x
Thank you again , I have to admit so far so good which I'm so thankful for apart from as you might say my little blip of posting on here being all concerned lol but I'm so glad I did post as it gives you that little re assurance from people who have been there done it and got the babies lol .
I've very lucky to have such a supportive partner sometimes i think his more excited than me is lovely to see and have a very supportive family it's just sometimes there's a few questions they won't know the answers to so its lovely to come on here and ask .

Thank you Robinredbreast

x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I sometimes wish I had the internet 14 years ago, especially being an older mum to be and diabetic too, as it would of been so nice to get support and helpful advice.
Baby names, I didn't like the names my then partner liked, especially boy's, this was very difficult. We did agree on our daughters name as we it loved it so much, as it has a special meaning, actually all her names do,

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

RRB x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Cloe, I seem to remember things dropping from about 14 weeks then gradually increasing from about 20 weeks onwards. By the end I was on ridiculous amounts of insulin I had to do three injections at my main meal so not to give such a big bolus in one place!

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Chloe,
I had loads of hypos before 20 weeks and then insulin requirements started to climb from about 18 weeks and from 24 weeks they sky-rocketed. Am still having hypos but mainly because I over-correct (oops!).
Hope you're feeling ok otherwise. Have my first growth scan today which is exciting! Was kept awake by baby kicking all night, she better learn to sleep at nighttime before she comes out! ;)
Take care of yourself darling.
x

Reactions: 4 people

Bethgabs

Im the same as jessp with the over correcting. But have noticed since 18 weeks plus needed more insulin as bloods have been higher. Under 18 weeks had a lot of hypo x

jtpower88

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I am a second year midwifery student. I am currently completing an essay on pre-existing conditions in pregnancy. I would just like to ask those of you who have had children or currently pregnant to answer a few questions please.

I am trying to investigate resources readily available to pregnant women with Type 1 Diabetes.
Did any of you receive any pre-conception care before falling pregnant,if so where? Did you find it useful?
For those of you currently pregnant what information have you found useful,web-sites,forums,leaflets,midwife clinics? Would you like more support from midwifes? Do you feel supported?
Is the information you find easy to read,to understand?
We're you complainant with your medication whilst pregnant?
Please feel free to add more information,

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I really appreciate it,

Jan
xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Serenede : Thanks for replying has put my mind at ease now as seems a lot of people have fount this happens , wow three injections at dinner time is a lot , got it all to come yet lol . xx

Jess : Hey jess , brilliant that you also experienced this well not brilliant as it's annoying but you know what I mean lol . I spoke to my Dsn and everything I had done she agreed with and said I'm doing fine since then I've been rising slightly to 8 's after my meals which I'm not happy with so I upped my ratios and now just having a very very small snack in between meals and it's working again for now haha ! Got my hospital appointment next week so see how that goes .
How did your growth scan go , hope all went ok , that really made me laugh hahaha , oh bless her kicking away well fingers crossed for you she learns lol !! Hope all is going well for you your end take care xx

Beth : thank you for your message , really did help as I've said above to know that other people have experienced this too it's crazy how quick and how much changing actually has to be done , but is very worth it . xx

Exciting times , take care everyone

xxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Chloe,
growth scan went well, she's on the 50th centile which is great! She's also head-down already which is perfect! Let's hope she stays that way so I can aim for a normal delivery. ;)
Had a bit of a scare on Tuesday with some bleeding but thankfully it was only a tiny bit and stopped quickly but still scary. The obstetric team checked me out straight away (a bonus of working in the department) and reassured me. Apparently going for a long swim in the morning and ignoring the Braxton Hicks was maybe not such a good idea that day! ;) Naughty patient!!
Anyway, hope you're feeling better this week and BMs are ok, sound's like you're doing great! Let me know how you get on at your appointment next week.
xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Chloe,
growth scan went well, she's on the 50th centile which is great! She's also head-down already which is perfect! Let's hope she stays that way so I can aim for a normal delivery. ;)
Had a bit of a scare on Tuesday with some bleeding but thankfully it was only a tiny bit and stopped quickly but still scary. The obstetric team checked me out straight away (a bonus of working in the department) and reassured me. Apparently going for a long swim in the morning and ignoring the Braxton Hicks was maybe not such a good idea that day! ;) Naughty patient!!
Anyway, hope you're feeling better this week and BMs are ok, sound's like you're doing great! Let me know how you get on at your appointment next week.
xxx
Hey jess :) ,
Wow that's amazing news to find out that the growth scan went well bet you was over the moon to find that out . And also good about positioning of baby is all sounding very positive for you :)

Omg jess lol !! That sounds worrying but thank god all is ok haha atleast you know next time not to ignore them and defiantly miss the swim haha .

Had my appointment today and they praised me so much I felt embarrassed lol they didn't change anything as said my bms are in range so I was happy with that and today was the first time I heard the heart beat I was on shock they fount it straight away and said baby has a very a strong heart beat can't believe how amazing it sounds lol . Over all I'm doing fab and they will see me again in 4 weeks , should be easier on myself with how they tell me I'm doing but I won't be haha .

How have you been ? Hope all is ok and bms are too .:)
xxx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Chloe, well done you! That's great news about your BMs and am glad they managed to find the heartbeat for you...it's really magical when you hear it isn't it? Did they check your HbA1c at your appointment? They check mine every month which feels like a spot test at school every time ;)

Am going well this week although getting more and more tired at work. Am 29 weeks now and finishing work at 35 weeks so can't wait....at least with christmas break in the middle it breaks it up a bit. We've made life a bit busy for ourselves as next year we're also moving to Australia (my husband is Australlian) in June so in the process of trying to sell our house, find somewhere to live in Aus and think about jobs over there....eek! Nothing like a challenge ;)

Well done once again with your BMs, am I right in remembering that your anomaly scan is on the 30th?
BW
Jess
x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey :)
awr Thankyou yeah I'm so happy how things are going at the moment , I could not believe it was there as soon as she touched the 'thing' on my belly and was so strong m unfortunately my partner couldn't come to the appointment but my mum came with me and she heard it too was amazing , I was a bit naughty I secretly recorded it so Kieron has heard it too , his face was such a picture as he didn't expect to hear it and now the whole family have lol !! Is amazing to have .

No they don't do it at every appointment they have told me they will do it at certain points through out the pregnancy it's says it somewhere in the book I've got when I'll get my next one but can't remember off the top of my head , atleast you know how your doing though you always seem to get a fab hba1c back I have to admit I'm curious as to what mine is now .

Oh wow I bet that can not come soon enough can it , be nice to have a tiny little break before all the mayhem lol .
Wow jess lol !! Anything else you want to add on top of your shoulders lol , sounds a lot to do but once things have set in place how exciting is all that
So your little baby will be growing up in Australia what a brilliant start for your little one to be , wishing you loads of luck with everything you have going on .

Yes your very close it's the 31st hoping we can find the sex out too , last time at our 12 week scan bubby didn't want to cooperate and wasn't in the best position and lady said the pics wasn't the best but were happy with them but she could do what she needed to so that was the main thing , so I'm hoping they have decided to have a wriggle about so we can catch a glimpse and find out . So I feel very excited but on the other hand I'm going mad I'm so nervous as I know there going to be checking for a lot of things I really really hope all will go ok , not too much longer to wait I suppose .
So on top of juggling all of that lol !! How have you been with in yourself you ok ? And diabetes behaving for now lol ?

Take care
xxx