What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Brunch ...chipolatas x3 bacon x2 mushrooms Tomatoe ...black pudding yumyum ...mine also from bargain shopping ...B.M s very tasty all served with fried egg..in butter ...nom nom nom
Supoer tinned tuna green salad dollop of mayo ..spoonful coconut oil and 4 ozs of cream ...had it at work and on days off tommorrow so had to be used .....( mm any excuse)
Snack ..lump of cheese about 4 ozs ....
Also succumbed to a banana !!!!

Reactions: 2 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean zero food fasts or 500/600 calorie days like the 5:2 diet? I'm nosey.

Well done on your weight loss :)

:) thanks. didn't know what this protocol was called. read online thereafter,maybe "eat.stop.eat"?

what i had was 5 free range eggs scrambled in 3 tablespoons of butter. washed that down with 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 1 mug black coffee for breakfast on monday morning. then i only drank water until tuesday morning whereupon i had the same breakfast. once again only water until wednesday when i reverted to 2 meals per day.

i did it to re-instill some self discipline, break down my glycogen stores and up my ketone levels. it seems to have worked as i had my highest weekly weight loss since i started this around 4 months ago, so i am going to incorporate intermittent fasting into my LCHF but probably not on consecutive days.

also, i have started supplementing my potassium and sodium. :arghh: should have done that much, much sooner...

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch ...chipolatas x3 bacon x2 mushrooms Tomatoe ...black pudding yumyum ...mine also from bargain shopping ...B.M s very tasty all served with fried egg..in butter ...nom nom nom
Supoer tinned tuna green salad dollop of mayo ..spoonful coconut oil and 4 ozs of cream ...had it at work and on days off tommorrow so had to be used .....( mm any excuse)
Snack ..lump of cheese about 4 ozs ....
Also succumbed to a banana !!!!

BANANA????? *recoils in horror*

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Odd day yesterday. I went to a carvery for Xmas Sunday lunch with a group of friends. I had a small ginger ale and ate small amounts of "forbidden" veg along with as much courgette and greenery as I could get on the plate, plus a spoonful of the dreaded gravy (but dodged the Yorkshire pud).

Then I had a raspberry pavlova with clotted cream, even though hardly anyone else was having dessert. Why did I do that?

However, all day yesterday the highest my BG went was 6.2 after breakfast, which was a rise of 1.0. Two hours after first lunch bite it was 5.4, and at 5.30pm it was 6.0. Then it returned to 5.7. Is this telling me anything I should take note of?

I took no appreciable exercise all day until helping to clear out the loft in the evening.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

:) thanks. didn't know what this protocol was called. read online thereafter,maybe "eat.stop.eat"?

what i had was 5 free range eggs scrambled in 3 tablespoons of butter. washed that down with 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 1 mug black coffee for breakfast on monday morning. then i only drank water until tuesday morning whereupon i had the same breakfast. once again only water until wednesday when i reverted to 2 meals per day.

i did it to re-instill some self discipline, break down my glycogen stores and up my ketone levels. it seems to have worked as i had my highest weekly weight loss since i started this around 4 months ago, so i am going to incorporate intermittent fasting into my LCHF but probably not on consecutive days.

also, i have started supplementing my potassium and sodium. :arghh: should have done that much, much sooner...
Thanks for the info. This is something I fancy trying. Might have to wait until spring though. Can't imagine going without warm food at work at the moment. It is so bloody cold! Will have to wear my Steptoe gloves tomorrow as I am having trouble typing this with frozen fingers :dead:

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Succumbed to 4 crackers (to eat with cheese)
Mistake!
I had been warned... 12.6 AGH!
Won't be doing that again, it's worse than fish and chips!!!
They looked so small and innocent sitting there....
(Still learning!)

Reactions: 12 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Succumbed to 4 crackers (to eat with cheese)
Mistake!
I had been warned... 12.6 AGH!
Won't be doing that again, it's worse than fish and chips!!!
They looked so small and innocent sitting there....
(Still learning!)

Beautiful Monsters....

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

B home made yoghurt and berries and chia seeds
L a mistake I craved an apple. Had some cheese too. Still spiked 3 units. Hey ho
Dinner is pulled pork creamy cabbage and cauli mash

Reactions: 8 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
L a mistake I craved an apple. Had some cheese too. Still spiked 3 units. Hey ho

When it comes to certain fruits I eat them when my levels are on the lowish side before I chance it.

I tried your Chicken Breast stuffed with Boursin Garlic & Herbs wrapped in smoked bacon. Very nice it was.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We're all going off the rails!

So obviously, I have to join in.

Completely forgot my packed lunch today. :eek:
Luckily had a stray posh scratchings and 9bar in my desk drawer.
Not enough though.
Hunger is twisting the knife.
So what do I do?
Ransack the nearly empty fridge. Fixate on Mr B's tray of roasted root veg (the divine parsnip is there, and butternut, and carrot :wacky:). Pop it in the oven, and wait drooling for the obligatory 45 mins.

If I eat it all, that's 30g carbs.
Do I like to live dangerously, or what? :woot:

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Try half an apple. A small one. I find it doesn't do much to my levels.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon scrambled eggs
Lunch bacon mushroom frittata from deli ( very cheesy but I'd defy Poirot to find the bacon or mushrooms) decaff soy latte
Dinner pub quiz night so it'll be steak salad and half a dozen chips from shared bowl. Wish friend would hurry up as my BS is at 4.4.

Reactions: 7 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 9bar
L - tomatoe & olive salad with chicken and cheese and teaspoon of olive oil
D - 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, ham and cheese

Strawberries and cream for dessert if I need it later :)

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 Eggs with mushrooms red sweet pepper & onions cooked in olive oil and garlic. Coffee
L: Cheesy Vegetable Bake (kale, leeks, aubergine, coughets, mushrooms & pumpkin)
D: Baker Salmon covered with garlic & herbs Boursin cheese plus assorted veg.

Later.........Home made carrot & apple cake with lots of cream

Reactions: 4 people

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry guys but what is "9bar" and someone mentioned "breakfast balls" ?!
I don't know either of these things.
Another posting or two have mentioned "almond flour bread"
Is this something you can buy or do you have to bake it yourself?
Oh yes, and I'm in the UK.
Thank you!
BeeGee

Status
Not open for further replies.