Finger Pricker For Contour Next USB meter

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I have a Contour Next USB Meter, can anyone tell me if they have problems with the finger pricker device being a bit hit and miss? Sometimes it draws blood and sometimes the needle in the finger pricker don't go as far as my skin on my finger, I have just been sent a new finger pricked from Bayer as my old one had become faulty ( spring was broke ) I love the Meter and all its functionality but the finger pricker I get very frustrated with as sometimes I have got to load it three and four times before it works, are any of you guys experiencing similar problems or do you have to put lancelet in a specific way?, any help would be great as it's driving me mad.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I actually prefer the one you get with it to the Accu-Chek Fastclix and have stuck it in my hotchpotch finger pricking kit. I assume you are talking about the Microlet 2 from Bayer? Have you got the depth setting set correctly?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had the contour next link to go with my pump for just over a week and I also find it frustrating. Often takes several tries to get it ready to fire. I've given up on it and am using a One touch pricker .The accu chek one is the one I'd use given a choice . Mine broke and I'd have to pay for a new one so I'll use what I've got. (no freebies in a country where meters are on prescription but you're normally limited to one meter every 4 years )

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I'm talking about the Microlet 2 from Bayer, I've got the setting set to the deepest setting, I have just been given a new one from Bayer and its loading fine but still hit and miss to draw blood, I guess I will have to persevere with it for time being thanks for your replies.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using it for a few weeks and have noticed that occasionally I get no blood.

Other than one time when it took 5 tries I've always managed to get some blood on the second try.

I've stopped using it at the moment but only because I have a whole box of my old lancets to get through.

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As luck would have it the Pricker fired first time this morning, but if it continues to misfire I will look out one of my other lancelet devices, the finger Pricker for the Contour Next USB meter is very flimsy and don't seem to be robust, that's my own opinion.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The finger pricker that comes with the Contour USB is next to useless, when I used this meter I just continued to use the Accu-Chek pricker as it has 6 lancets per drum and is much more comfortable to use.

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good shout, I may do the same myself as my patience is running low with it.