Not open for further replies.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Please don't close this thread.. Closure is down to members breaking set standards... None of which have been broken.....

Reactions: 3 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please don't close this thread.. Closure is down to members breaking set standards... None of which have been broken.....

Sorry @donnellysdogs I disagree. A precedent was set back in August when @Osidge closed a thread giving the following reasons to the OP:

"I hope that you are now feeling more positive. You have certainly made a lot of new friends who are happy to help you both on forum and via PM. Feel free to allow us to help during the bad times and to smile and laugh with you during the good times. Working through your own journey from diagnosis will hopefully let you offer help from your experiences to those in the future who need your help and encouragement.

This thread, in the Greetings and Introductions section of the forum, now appears to have done its work - we have a new friend and you have many new friends and a support network. Keep strong dear friend and I look forward to your involvement as part of our family here on diabetes.co.uk in your own new threads or in those of others.

Doug"

No standards were broken, but thankfully a moderator saw sense and concern both for the poster and the members who all rallied round him.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Step away from the keyboard. Step away.........

Reactions: 5 people

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Apologies for possibly bumping this post which I have been following from the very beginning (but never contributed to before now).

- Sorry Molly, I have much sympathy for your situation. However, from around post number 100, my thoughts were: How can anyone post such rather (very) personal information about a person/spouse you are living with without involving or informing this person himself?

Had it been my spouse/other half posting such personal information about me without informing me, I would indeed have been deeply hurt and mortified had I learned about it.

OK, I understand occasional personal rants to just blow off some steam - could do this myself - but to pursue it at this length ... - without acting on great advice ... ?

Just my take.

annelise

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just returned from a days work and read the days postings here.

I did say that the last posting was to be my last on this thread, I presume what I meat was, I will not be directly replying to Molly

I have read all the recent posts for today and although I can only agree with most that has been stated in reply to Molly, I am quite frankly amazed that Molly is still able to 'suck further energy' out of us the forum members that's including me, and gain, it appears further sympathy.

If it was me in the same circumstances, I would not be able to carry the guilt of having all this information that has be acquired, from some of the most helpful people I have come across, and not find someway to pass this information onto my partner especially when I know what the consequences of uncontrolled diabetes are.

Neil

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That young man , to my knowledge, was never seen posting again. Also remember that new members join the forum all the time, so what is as a'seen it, posted on it thread, by more active and older members, may be of great value and insight to someone else,
The thread may just fade away................ like so many other's, as this is a very active forum. Just a thought............

Best wishes RRB :)

P

Pip16

Well here I am at almost 2am and I can't sleep once again due to this thread.
Did Molly not state earlier today, sorry yesterday, to draw a line on this and move on? Is this not effectively saying to close this thread?
Oh but then later on there was another post.
Oh dear I can feel another 600 posts coming on and this thread gaining a place in DCUK history.

I for one have found this thread very confusing, which makes me wonder

Is this all for real?

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
Pip If your losing sleep over this thread you seriously need to get a grip, you complained about it still being ongoing , yet you posted on it yourself bringing it back to the top, the only way for the thread to disappear is for people to stop posting on it,, if people dont like the contents of the thread then they should stay out of it . So after bumping it up yet again i will refrain from posting on it.

Reactions: 9 people
P

Pip16

Pip If your losing sleep over this thread you seriously need to get a grip, you complained about it still being ongoing , yet you posted on it yourself bringing it back to the top, the only way for the thread to disappear is for people to stop posting on it,, if people dont like the contents of the thread then they should stay out of it . So after bumping it up yet again i will refrain from posting on it.
Sharon I see you edited and removed your previous post pretty quickly. Shame, I had such a good reply for you.

As to your comment 'get a grip' I certainly will. This thread has become very unhealthy and I fail to see of what help it could be to any newbie whatsoever.
I'm out of here and out of this whole forum.
Good luck everybody

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I believe this thread has really run its course. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.