What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

@Brunnaria has the recipe for breakfast balls...and the 9bars are available at supermarkets. A cereal type peanut bar low carb. Almond flour is just ground almonds

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We're all going off the rails!

So obviously I had to join in

Same here! Had a very bad day, I think it's the festive spirit!

In terms of proper food I haven't done so bad, but I have binged on popcorn and chocolate and have gone way over on my carb and calorie count :-/
I'm going to go cold turkey again from tomorrow, popcorn just sets my carb cravings off it seems, so that is now off my shopping list. I don't know why I have started eating it, I've never really been a fan!

Tomorrow is another day, and I have my menu planned out and aim to stick to it.

Reactions: 4 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hummpphh ...glad I am mot the only one hitting the forbidden things ..

I really must leave things like after eights on the shelf ....
Ate too many ....then needed something else so sucvummbed to two bananas and cream ...oh the shame of it ...lol:borg::borg::borg::borg:

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the info. This is something I fancy trying. Might have to wait until spring though. Can't imagine going without warm food at work at the moment. It is so bloody cold! Will have to wear my Steptoe gloves tomorrow as I am having trouble typing this with frozen fingers :dead:

this week i am doing it on non-consecutive days. 24hr fasts are relatively easy on low carb as hunger is minimal. i am also lucky that i really like eggs and butter but was always told that both are not good for you...live and learn. :)

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled eggs 2 quorn sausages tsp pickle
Lunch 1oz pate , 1 baby bel,two pickled onions and a partridge in a pear tree( actually a portion of smoked cheese), soy latte and 1sq chocolate
Dinner got a grill up planned.. Sausage, black pudding, bacon, mushrooms, tomato and maybe a few potato wedges or perhaps just an egg.

Went for the egg option but still did my peddling to burn off the black pudding.

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: Greek yoghurt, oats, raspberries, and cream
L: German smoked cheese, two chicken drumsticks, 4 radishes, 3 baby plum tomatoes
D: probably pork loin steaks and veg and berries, yoghurt and cream later
Snacks: handful of walnuts 2 squares of dark chocolate (that's the last bit!)

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken kebab from the takeaway and a glass of Chardonnay.

5.5 after 2 hours...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Acorn squash, 65g portion, Gi - low, Gl - low, carbs 8. So good stuff there.;)
Anyone know where you can get it in the uk???

I'd love to taste it.

Brekkie coffeencream
L: pork scratchings and Brie. A true classic. Then a coyo.
S: 2 squares 85% choc.
Having eaten all that, no idea why I was so hungry. Good job we were out to dinner.
D: 12 oz steak, onion rings, onion, pepper, half tom, several mushrooms and 2/3 portion of very very very very very nice fries.
I may have berries n cream later.

Mr B ordered a 'dark strongbow' because he thought it looked interesting. He was horrified to discover that it is basically black currant squash with cider flavouring.
It sat between us on the table, and was still there when we left.

I mean, strongbow is pretty dire, but what pervert came up with that!?!

And I meant to say, the steak was sublime. So tender and full of flavour. One of the best ever, and a third of the price Ive paid elsewhere! Definitely a winner. Were already planning going back after Xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'd love to taste it.

Brekkie coffeencream
Having eaten all that, no idea why I was so hungry. Good job we were out to dinner.
D: 12 oz steak, onion rings, onion, pepper, half tom, several mushrooms and 2/3 portion of very very very very very nice fries.

Mr B ordered a 'dark strongbow' because he thought it looked interesting. He was horrified to discover that it is basically black currant squash with cider flavouring.

And I meant to say, the steak was sublime. So tender and full of flavour. One of the best ever, and a third of the price Ive paid elsewhere! Definitely a winner. Were already planning going back after Xmas.

might one ask what the BS was after all that lovely food, or has Xmas started early in the B household? I am drooling thinking of onion rings.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
might one ask what the BS was after all that lovely food, or has Xmas started early in the B household? I am drooling thinking of onion rings.

:happy::happy::happy:
Measured at
1hr 7.6
2hr 7.9
3hr 6.6

I know from previous excessive steak encounters that the peak is late, low, and my BG hovers at a little over 6 for about 24 hrs.

:happy::happy::happy:

(Only had 3 onion rings, and they were rather weedy. I also seem okish with pub chips. I think they double fry them)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'd love to taste it.

Brekkie coffeencream

I've seen acorn squash in ASDA, but not regularly. Once you know what it looks like, you'll be able to spot it. It's often just labelled "squash".

What is this coyo of which you speak?

Were you out for your steak or did you purchase it somewhere? We love our farm shop, but nobody could call it cheap!

alliebee

B coconut yoghurt with raspberries and 2 hefty slices of brie cheese
L pork scratchings dipped in low carb cheese fondue. Crispy green salad
D pulled pork 5 veg stir fry. Only 3 mins. Crispy and lush. Finished off with butter :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen acorn squash in ASDA, but not regularly. Once you know what it looks like, you'll be able to spot it. It's often just labelled "squash".

What is this coyo of which you speak?

Were you out for your steak or did you purchase it somewhere? We love our farm shop, but nobody could call it cheap!

Coyo (tescos) is a coconut milk yog, in their 'free from' chiller aisle. Also available in other supermarkets, I think. Very yummy. Dairy free. They do 3 flavours, plain (0.5g carbs, 17g fat), unsweetened choc and unsweetened plain with a layer of mango puree (6g carbs) in the bottom.
Not cheap but delish as a treat.

Will look for the squash, thanks.

Ok, you've twisted my arm til I am forced (forced I tell you) to reveal the whole sordid story:

Guy at work produced a pic of this

image.jpg

Amid much macho ogling.
I mentioned it to Mr B
It inspired him to find our nearest HungryHorse eatery (5 miles)

And the rest is history. So is his donut burger. And chips with a side order of onion rings.
He loved it. I sampled, and found the sweet-savoury combo rather off putting.
Much happier with my yummy steak.

I think it is fair to say that Mr B is cheerfully anticipating Xmas, while I am struggling to return to the halcyon days of feeling great on 20g carbs a day. The cold weather ain't helping me!

Reactions: 5 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt berries oats and cream
L: chunk of Stilton, 6 baby plum tomatoes, 2 slices of ham.
Snacks: packet of pork scratchings. Thought I'd try something a bit different and got some Crispy Seaweed Thins. Turns out they are a somewhat acquired taste....
D: not sure yet, I'll have to have a rummage in the fridge.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast quorn sausages , poached egg, one rasher bacon, mushrooms
lunch pkt chicken tikka slices, babybel, 2 sq chocolate and 2 soya lattes
dinner paneer and green bean curry, one onion bajhia, Mumtaz lamb spinach curry- if my eyesight is right it was about 8g carbs - Mr E was having piizza and I only had tiny bit of leftover paneer curry so this was easy and nice treat.
Not lowest of calorie days but so cold and miserable here.

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 1 of reduced carbs and new meds and testing before and 2 hours after meals

Before Breakfast 7.8 ..... 2 hrs later 7.7
Homemade green smoothie, made with Almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 5 strawberries, kale, spinach, chia seeds & flaxseed :hungry:

Before lunch 7.3 ..... 2 hrs later 7.1
Veg & cheese bake... courgettes, cabbage, peas, leeks, green beans topped with very low carb cheese sauce. T'was Divinely Orgasmic :hungry: ;)

At around 5.30 pm I felt shaky and light headed and couldn't quite figure out whether I wanted food or not because by now I'm usually hungry and eating dinner. Anyway, thought I'd check bs. To my amazement the meter was showing 5.8 :happy::happy:
I just stood there starring down at 5.8 ... on my 1st day of new meds and reduced carbs. Fantastic

By 6 pm I was hungry but not starving, so I had a tiny portion of the left over veg & cheese bake. I'll check bs later and update.

I'm not sure if the readings before and after are ok?

It's been an interestingly Awesome day :happy:

Reactions: 10 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Rose.
When my BS started to go down to 5 I started to feel shakey at first and it was always before my evening meal,It takes a while for your body to get used to lower numbers,then you feel much better.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.