Getting fed up with this !

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
My accu- chek mobile is doing my head in it keep saying meter error of drop to small my last test I had to do 5 times !!! Anyone else had this ?

leeemerick

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I use a agamarix jazz from my doctors. Sure it's the cheapest thing they could get as every few strips it gives errors.
Perhaps try increasing your needle depth to get a larger sample?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
My accu- chek mobile is doing my head in it keep saying meter error of drop to small my last test I had to do 5 times !!! Anyone else had this ?
Ring the company and tell them what's going on and say your GP is not going to let you have any more test strips due to the wastage. Hopefully they will provide you with more test strips and a new meter.

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to have an Accu-Chek Mobile Meter and same thing happened to me and I had plenty of blood on tip of my finger, I also didn't trust meter in end as it was giving dodgy readings so I switched to Contour Next USB from Bayer, couldn't be happier with meter only downfall finger Pricker is a bit hit and miss.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Mobile does need more blood than other meters. I have one but the replacement cassettes were too expensive, so I bought a Codefree. Much less blood needed. I did have lots of errors as you describe.

morethanmutts

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jellied eels ;)
Just to let you all know I been on the phone to accu-chek and they said they have upgraded the cassettes so they give more accurate reading .But this have made them more sensitive ! So they said to make sure the
Meter is on a table when you use it . Thought it was meant to be mobile lol

Reactions: 2 people