PLEASE HELP ANYONE

Lucyturner

Please is there anyone online tonight to talk I am going through a really bad few days, I have been ill and so I have not been sleeping properly this is causing my epilepsy to flair up and my blood sugars to go insane. I have been really hungry but I am craving food that is not doing me any good. I am eating rubbish and then feeling unbelievably guilty and wanting to make myself sick. I was hoping I was past this phase but I've just had my tea which was a Chinese takeaway and even though I felt full I wanted some ice cream and had some chocolate with it. Now I feel very sick and want to make myself sick so that I don't have to feel guilty.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi Lucy, there is no reason on earth why you should be or need to feel guilty about eating food. Work out what extra carbs you have eaten and not bloused for then cover with insulin. Problem solved :) Hope you feel better soon.

Lucyturner

Thanks, I think I just feel worse as I can't go to the gym or out for a run at the moment as my blood sugars are too high due to having this stupid cold. I hate feeling out of control and that is exactly how I feel now. I have been through this before but it seems to be getting harder to control. I watched my sister go through a serious eating disorder and thought it would never happen with me but she has recognised the signs and a friend of mine has mentioned it to me as well as they saw how much I struggled with my eating when I was first diagnosed diabetic. I really don't want to go there again and hate feeling like this and that i am letting everyone around me down.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Right now you need to concentrate on getting better from this cold. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and injecting little and often to correct high blood sugar from illness. What is your BG at the moment?

Anyone can get an eating disorder so don't beat yourself up about that. The important thing is that you are aware and you want to get help with the issue. Have you got good support to help you?

Lucyturner

My bg at the moment is 15.6 and keytones are 0.2 my bg's aren't coming down even with correction doses. My husband is very supportive but I hate having to tell him about this as I feel like I'm letting him down. The rest of my family tend to ignore my problems. My sister lives in New Zealand and is back visiting for Christmas and my brother lives in Ireland. Even when it's only me here my parents still concentrate more on my brother and sister. I'm used to not being important in there lived but it's hard when you have no one to talk to. I have seen a diabetes councillor but she advised that my issue was with my self esteem and my own confidence so couldn't do much. It also doesn't help that my epilepsy tablets give me negative thought processes. I really don't know what more I can do to help myself. I find it difficult to make friends I have people who I work with and some if my husbands friends but no one that I feel it can talk to about this kind of thing I just feel really lonely. Sorry to be so depressing.

humaject

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NOT ALOT
Try and get a grip m8 chinese takeaways aint much good better of with a scrambled egg on toast and a bit of fresh veg.I go to the gym mon to frid weekends off.I keep an exercise bike in the bedroom if my sugars get high i burn them off on the bike 30 to 45 mins.Any doctor will tell you keep them bloods under control
danger.jpg

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lucy. I think we all feel like this from time to time. Back in September by bg went all over the place and I thought I had been doing everything I could. It is also worse when you don't have someone to speak to. I also just felt like everything I ate went against me.
Just try to go one step at a time. Get better and control your bg the best you can. Once you are back on a fair playing field go back to basics. Look at your food and adjust you dosage until you have it sorted. Can feel like a bit of a backwards step but it works. Breaking it down to small steps will stop you feeling so overwhelmed.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am guessing any rice or noodles in your tea is causing the erratic bloods, I can't sort mine out very well after such a meal so I tend to steer clear of takeaways as far as possible. I hope you are finding things better this morning, I would get yourself into some low carb meals for a few days to try and stabilise things whilst you are feeling poorly. Have you discussed anti depressants with your GP? It is not unusual for patients with epilepsy or who have had strokes to feel this way, my Mum has epilepsy as a result of a stroke and sometimes I think she may be better off with an anti d as she gets very down.

Ali

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If the corrections aren't helping I have to ask A is your basal correct ie do you need a bit more? B do you give your self more insulin for a correction when high as you do end up with insulin resistance when high. Hope you feel better soon.