What are you all reading?

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Ursula le Guin - Earthsea Books. Brilliant

Grumpy

Thirsty said:
Well, I've made a good start on Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother. Although the novel may be an uncomfortable read for some, and certainly isn't for youngsters, it's one of the finest black comedies I've read in years.

Recommended if you're not easily offended.
Hilarious book - I wish he'd write another. If you liked that, try 'Having A Lovely Time' by Jenny Eclair.

nanna66

Just finished Stephen King's Duma Key for the second time in 6 months, he's a legend! Do worry about how his mind works though :? normally will read almost everything available except Mills and Boon :!:

Chanah

Sahl ibn Bishr's 9th century treatise The Introduction to the Science of the Judgment of the Stars. I love 8th - 12th century Persian astrology-astronomy. But I'm hopelessly weird. And lots of Chris Moore for comic relief. Practical Demonkeeping and Lamb are highly recommended.

roddick

well I am reading nothing but a Novel myself.I love geoffrey Archer and I love his plots. I am a fan of Ken Follet too. I am reading Geoffrey Archer Novel.
I have just been diagnosed with a problem in my eyes. I began to wear glasses.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I just had to contribute this. I'm currently reading Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith. The first 100 pages were so good that I went straight on to Amazon to order his second book, "The Secret Speech." I honestly think that nobody has produced a book like this before.
It concerns an investigator in the Soviet Union's MGB (forerunner of the KGB) during the era of Stalin's murderous reign. It is the time when the state maintained that if you were accused of subversion you must automatically be guilty, otherwise you wouldn't have been accused.
Leo Demidov is the agent who is growing disillusioned after interrogating a suspect he is convinced is innocent but is subsequently executed.
Simultaneously, a serial killer is murdering children at widely scattered locations. However, communism maintains that crime is a result of society's failure. Since the Soviet Union is a perfect society, serial murders can't possibley take place.
And then Demidov's wife is accused of espionage and Demidov is ordered to investigate his own wife and report back to the MGB.
This book is such a page turner that it's agony each time I have to put the book down. Recommended very, very highly.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
A trilogy of books by Trudi Cavanagh called Age of the Five. Really good. It's about magic, priests and wars between races. :)