Glucophage(Metformin) SR sweats

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, yes. I spose it just depends on us. I liked Met, no big effects and it got my numbers down. But if it doesn't suit you you should definitely dump. L.

raymort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all :)

Been off Metformin for over three months due to it giving me diarrhoea constantly .Having tried a couple of other drugs my doc has asked me to give it another try since my bg is 16+ .
Took a tablet 1000mg earlier and I'm having constant hot flushes .I might have put it down to age but since being off it I've never suffered with them .Has anyone else had this reaction ?? I'm just constantly glowing and breaking out in a hot sweat for five minutes or more .:confused:

raymort

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had the same with metformin. I think the side effects are just unbearable. I refuse to take it as it gave me severe stomach pain and to be honest its just hell all day with this drug. I know I should be glad that any help with control, but I am still in single digits which are between 7 to 9 mmols with out metformin but with levemir insulin slow release. Its just one of those things if you want to have a happy day free from the effects of diabetes you are at the control and mercy of the pharmaceutical coys.

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had the same with metformin. I think the side effects are just unbearable. I refuse to take it as it gave me severe stomach pain and to be honest its just hell all day with this drug. I know I should be glad that any help with control, but I am still in single digits which are between 7 to 9 mmols with out metformin but with levemir insulin slow release. Its just one of those things if you want to have a happy day free from the effects of diabetes you are at the control and mercy of the pharmaceutical coys.

My endo took me off Metformin and the sweats have gone yeahh .He replaced it with insulin and an increased dose of Sitagliptin and that's been fine :D

Reactions: 2 people