my doctors are usless please help me!

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
ok so i have been feeling healthy for a long time the best i have ever felt, so i decided to introduce caffeine and lots of sugar daily before this i didnt eat any refined sugar added like chocolate cakes fruit juice ect! so now all of a sudden i find myself eating a bag of chocolate like twirl bites or wisper bites late at night a couple hours before bed if it wasn't chocolate it would be home baked cakes or a large bottle of innocent smoothies! in the day time i would have up to 4 cups of strong tea. before this i felt fine at the begging of doing this i felt fine maybe 5 or 6 weeks in to my new sugar tea dies i start to feel ill like a buzz all over my body sometimes temporary fixed by some sugar or caffeine! so i quit both pretty much at the same time that was 14 days ago! i felt horrible for the two weeks up untill now headaches weak cant get out of bed drained anxiety panic the whole nine i still believe i am suffering withdrawals today! ok so heres my problem and why i have come to this forum to seek help the other morning i skipped breakfast and felt very light headed and ill only cured by eating! then again at around 4 i had only eaten 2 pieces of toast all day i begun feeling uneven when i walked and as though i had to hold onto the walls when i walked this went away after my dinner! and the again last night heres the symptoms i feel light headed like im off balance when i walk, and have to hold onto walls, sometimes sweaty palms my eyes go kind of red i feel confused and very anxious sometimes ill sweat under the arms too! tahts how i felt last night i might add that these symptoms all went away within 20 minutes of eating two birds eye potato waffles and some cheese! my doctors say im healthy and send me on my merryway so i went to the chemist and purchased an accu little blood sugar reader thingy! in between meals i sit at around 4.8 when i felt ill i was at 4.8 about an hour after eating the waffles i was at 7.7 and that's when i felt fine again that started to drop to 6 ect as a small amount of time had passed! upon waking from all this after not eating for over 12 hours my bs reading was 4.8 all this has left me feeling worried!!! has the temporary extra sugar and caffiene that i was used to giving me all this extra energy all of a sudden started to punish me as soon as i dont eat enough whats going on i would appreciate someone with lots of knowledge not just passing judgement kindly apreciated joe

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
You ask, "What's going on?". Well, you are eating a very unhealthy diet. You are not currently diabetic, but are going about in the best possible way. If anyone eats excess sugar/carbohydrates, there is a rebound to low, or seemingly low, sugar levels, which can make you feel grotty. If you suddenly reduce sugar levels, there is a withdrawal period.
I suggest you start varying your diet, add some natural fats, proteins, vegetables. Your body will recover and, as your doctor says, you are still healthy.
Sally

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 about an hour after eating the waffles i was at 7.7 and that's when i felt fine again that started to drop to 6 ect as a small amount of time had passed! upon waking from all this after not eating for over 12 hours my bs reading was 4.8

all normal readings, 2hr after waffle would be needed too but.... because you binged and kept you levels high, when you drop back to under 5 you throw a fase hypo

time to kick the carbs, they can be addictive
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm

it’s a long page and a few good video’s
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

first week sucks especially the first 2-3 days
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

Reactions: 2 people

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You ask, "What's going on?". Well, you are eating a very unhealthy diet. You are not currently diabetic, but are going about in the best possible way. If anyone eats excess sugar/carbohydrates, there is a rebound to low, or seemingly low, sugar levels, which can make you feel grotty. If you suddenly reduce sugar levels, there is a withdrawal period.
I suggest you start varying your diet, add some natural fats, proteins, vegetables. Your body will recover and, as your doctor says, you are still healthy.
Sally
thanks sally appreciate you replying! so starting to eat the proper to diet again and the healthy fats ect can help me to feel better again! so ultimately does this sound like some lows when missing meals that arnt actually registered as low because i was binging on **** food and sugar ? thanks! joe

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.8 about an hour after eating the waffles i was at 7.7 and that's when i felt fine again that started to drop to 6 ect as a small amount of time had passed! upon waking from all this after not eating for over 12 hours my bs reading was 4.8

all normal readings, 2hr after waffle would be needed too but.... because you binged and kept you levels high, when you drop back to under 5 you throw a fase hypo

time to kick the carbs, they can be addictive
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm

it’s a long page and a few good video’s
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

first week sucks especially the first 2-3 days
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm
thanks jack i think i need to change my diet immediately and i have done cheers mate

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks jack i think i need to change my diet immediately and i have done cheers mate
the first 2 days you are starving, snack on anything but a carb and eat meals every 3 hrs, refer the link, first week

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
the first 2 days you are starving, snack on anything but a carb and eat meals every 3 hrs, refer the link, first week
sligtly confused so you are all saying that basically where i was binging on sugar i am getting false hypos ? is that correct and normal should i be worried ? thanks joe

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sligtly confused so you are all saying that basically where i was binging on sugar i am getting false hypos ? is that correct and normal should i be worried ? thanks joe
I was saying when you binge you sugar level is high for a long time..when you stop, you crash and your sugar level drops back to your normal, around 4.8..what can happen is that you get what's called a 'false hypo' where you feel ..." i feel light headed like im off balance when i walk, and have to hold onto walls, sometimes sweaty palms my eyes go kind of red i feel confused and very anxious sometimes ill sweat under the arms too! tahts how i felt last night i might add that these symptoms all went away within 20 minutes of eating two birds eye potato waffles and some cheese!"

what I'm suggesting is that you reduce the carbs lose the craving and then later increase the carbs to your level, where you don't crave

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Start eating a healthy balanced diet. Otherwise, if your not already diabetic your on that road. Including high cholesterol, high blood pressure. In fact probably and ideal candidate for a stroke.

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Start eating a healthy balanced diet. Otherwise, if your not already diabetic your on that road. Including high cholesterol, high blood pressure. In fact probably and ideal candidate for a stroke.
thnaks for replying! im not diabetic and my blood pressure is fine so i will change my diet immediately! and feel back to how i was feeling not long ago! ps telling somone they are a prim candidate for a stroke when you are not a medical doctor is border line fear mongering

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was saying when you binge you sugar level is high for a long time..when you stop, you crash and your sugar level drops back to your normal, around 4.8..what can happen is that you get what's called a 'false hypo' where you feel ..." i feel light headed like im off balance when i walk, and have to hold onto walls, sometimes sweaty palms my eyes go kind of red i feel confused and very anxious sometimes ill sweat under the arms too! tahts how i felt last night i might add that these symptoms all went away within 20 minutes of eating two birds eye potato waffles and some cheese!"

what I'm suggesting is that you reduce the carbs lose the craving and then later increase the carbs to your level, where you don't crave
ok thanks jack i really appreciate you taking the time to explain why i have been feeling like **** after my daily sugar binge appreciate it mate!

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thnaks for replying! im not diabetic and my blood pressure is fine so i will change my diet immediately! and feel back to how i was feeling not long ago! ps telling somone they are a prim candidate for a stroke when you are not a medical doctor is border line fear mongering
no I'm not a doctor, but I am diabetic and listen to mine! You obviously don't. Before I changed my diet my doctor whom I listen to told me I had a 65% chance of a stroke! After three months my hba1c blood pressure and cholesterol all vastly reduced. So you decide, what is scaremongering? Sometimes a good kick up the backside is what we all need. ;-)

Reactions: 3 people

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
no I'm not a doctor, but I am diabetic and listen to mine! You obviously don't. Before I changed my diet my doctor whom I listen to told me I had a 65% chance of a stroke! After three months my hba1c blood pressure and cholesterol all vastly reduced. So you decide, what is scaremongering? Sometimes a good kick up the backside is what we all need. ;-)
that's true just frightening when you have been experiencing all these things and keep asking your self the question is this all related to sugar or am i just dying thank you and i agree!

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Joe, my take on this is that you may do good in reducing carbs all over.

But sometimes if you reduce them drastically from day one, you may feel like sh*t when you get lower. Your whole system has been used to having these 'nice carbs'. But this will pass - believe me.

So maybe go a bit slow on reducing them (the carbs) so as to gradually let your system know where you wish to be - in this game.

annelise

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

hey jack quick question i feel a little ill like not myself and sligtly unwell nothing like the false lows ect but still can this be the false lows leaving me feeling a little drained and unwell or maybe just a transition period between quitting sugar and getting back to normal ect ?

joeftw

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Joe, my take on this is that you may do good in reducing carbs all over.

But sometimes if you reduce them drastically from day one, you may feel like sh*t when you get lower. Your whole system has been used to having these 'nice carbs'. But this will pass - believe me.

So maybe go a bit slow on reducing them (the carbs) so as to gradually let your system know where you wish to be - in this game.

annelise
thanks for the help annelise my main problem has not been feeling bad or ill on the lows as terrible as it has been! the worse issue has been feeling that bad and not knowing why! it multiplies the already very bad symptons by ten! feeling like your just ill and dont know how to fix it! i am sure this is the correct answers i am finding here as it makes so much sense! and i agree i will gradually lower carbs for dinner i am having 2 beef burgers home made with cheese and no buns!