Christmas......treats and ideas

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Pavlovsdog, talking about flashbacks I started to sing the tune to "Champion the wonder horse" today. Jeez that's old(ish). Brings tears to my eyes that and Skippy the bush kangaroo...aww lol

Ah yes, Skippy! We were talking about kids programmes at work the other day - Pogles Wood was my favorite, and The Singing Ringing Tree, which was really bizarre!

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Pavlovsdog, if I remember that princess was so blooming demanding....all that evil prince brought her just didn't cut it lol, only the Singing Ringing Tree would do lol. What's wrong with a nice meal etc lol. Anyway it was a bit freaky for youngsters just like That series about the children and the standing stones where people became under the control of some evil lord. The name of it escapes me mmm

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That makes 2 of us, test on the 5th told dn I hate her
Mine isn't until April- so IF I do have a couple of days relaxing my usual rigid regime I have the golden 3 months to get it back again!!

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My hospital review is due this month (need to look out letter) but my HbA1c levels have GOT to be better than the drastic 91 mmol/mol 6 months ago. I am however praying. A better HbA1c level is all I want for Xmas as material objects mean little to me. I always tell friends and familly that I'm comfy, do not want flashy prezzies (something from Poundland would make my day) and the best Christmases is the laughter from close ones.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Pavlovsdog, if I remember that princess was so blooming demanding....all that evil prince brought her just didn't cut it lol, only the Singing Ringing Tree would do lol. What's wrong with a nice meal etc lol. Anyway it was a bit freaky for youngsters just like That series about the children and the standing stones where people became under the control of some evil lord. The name of it escapes me mmm

Yes I remember that too! It reminded me a bit of The Wicker Man. Except without the nudity or the human sacrifice :)

There was also the one about the young girl who was very ill, and the picture she drew of a house took on a life of its own. *Sigh* they don't make them like that any more! :)

A

AnnieC

I'm interested in the custard recipie too please? Berries and sugar free jelly with cream I have often, haven't had custard since way back before diagnosis! !
Sainsburys do sugar free instant custard just make with boiling water

A

AnnieC

Kezzer, not had custard in ages. Is it full of sugar ? I do remember that pink custard from eons ago at school and preferred that lol

Original Birds custard powder its not sweetned make up as on the tin then add whatever sweetner you like

Last edited:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes I remember that too! It reminded me a bit of The Wicker Man. Except without the nudity or the human sacrifice :)

There was also the one about the young girl who was very ill, and the picture she drew of a house took on a life of its own. *Sigh* they don't make them like that any more! :)
Shhh...don't tell anyone else here lol but I used to hide behind the sofa covering my eyes in fear when I heard the Dr Who tune starting lol. They definitely DO NOT make stuff like this now. I was baby sitting my great nephews and nieces the other week and if I have to suffer hours of that Cartoon Network again I will be hiding the remote control lol

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

The original Wicker Man with Edward Woodward is still a good watch. On first view even I didn't get the plot twist. Woooo, it's a full moon tonight lol

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Shhh...don't tell anyone else here lol but I used to hide behind the sofa covering my eyes in fear when I heard the Dr Who tune starting lol. They definitely DO NOT make stuff like this now. I was baby sitting my great nephews and nieces the other week and if I have to suffer hours of that Cartoon Network again I will be hiding the remote control lol

My lips are sealed eddie1968!
Know what you mean about cartoon channel, they are sooo noisy! Whats wrong with scaring the living daylights out of kids instead?!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That is what's missing lol....definately. We must have been traumatized lol

A

AnnieC

We always go to our daughters for Christmas day so will be having the traditional turkey with all the trimming pigs in blankets stuffing cranberry sauce etc and plenty of all kinds of vegetable so except the pigs in blankets... I don't like sausages...I will be having some of everything else no pudding though I don't eat desserts for me is all about the savory stuff never did have much of a sweet tooth
My husbands first Christmas since diagnosis so will let him eat what he likes on Christmas day and he has got a sweet tooth he loves Christmas pudding and mince pies so it won't hurt him for one day to have some of the stuff he loves and misses.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I would like a space hopper for Xmas. I'm sure this will keep me fitter and have a good laugh as well. Boinnggg lol. Even at 46 there's still that fun in me and I'm up for anything.

clairemcg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's everyone's view on diabetic/ sugar free sweets and chocolate? Good bad ugly? And out of everything I will miss it will be the mince pies and Christmas pud, are mince pies exceptionally bad?

laroc

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My husband has to be very careful with sweeteners, he can not tolerate aspartame, so I have to read all the labels and its scary just how many products it is in, I have found him some sugar free humbugs in our local shop that do not contain it and are very tasty to. Plus as they are so expensive he does not eat so many :)