Blood sugar meter

Ausra

Hello dear diabetics! I have urgent question. I lost my blood sugar meter, where do I get it asap? Anyone had any problems or needed to wait until it gets delivered? I know they sell it in boots, but maybe if I go to walk-in, I get it for free? Please help somebody!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your local hospital diabetes clinic will have spare meters, pop in tomorrow morning and ask for one, alternatively just buy a cheap one for today.

It always pays to keep spare meters for occasions like this, make sure you keep a spare in future.

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

Best bet to get hold of a meter quickly, is go to Tesco, Sainsburys or Asda and get what ever is being sold from the pharmacy section and use the experience to be a lesson learned that you should always have a back up meter to use just in case...

Ausra

Hmmm..I didn't know supermarkets sell them too. Well thanks, I'll go see diabetic team tomorrow if they give me appointment.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Ausra
you don't need an appointment
just go to your health care team and explain why you are there -- one of the nurses should be able to help you.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depending on which company make your meter. Phone em up. Tell em your type 1 & most will supply a replacement for gratis .
Accu-Chek for instance will send for the following day when my old one died on me.. I mentioned what if I drop mine? & they threw in a free case & a spare monitor.!
They make the money on strips & cartrages.. Like printer companies & ink..