Recent slip into bad habits has put my levels up

Oakbiz

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I recently did the same. I slipped into bad habits and wham! Night sweats, tinnitus, headaches, and the blurred vision. I too am going back to being less naughty.

Reactions: 6 people

robertmiskin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for your support....4 weeks on I have managed to get my bs down to 5.8 starving and between 5 and 7 4 hrs after lunch...This was from 18. I have been running almost every night for 4 weeks and am in the zone....
.My eyes have almost come back....only using glasses to write this and to read. Hoping short vision will come back soon. Weight has stabled albeit I have completely changes shape.

I have had no bread ? Anything with added sugar. .For 4 weeks and NO alcohol...

Buts it's now Christmas and really want a glass of red wine........as a treat..Any thoughts ????? One or two glasses ??? Will it make any difference will the process reverse ??? Can't remember any help ????

Reactions: 4 people

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you've come a long way, well done :)

A

AnnieC

No sure about your vision but my only blurred vision problems were cataracts but that is more of an age thing. I have just had the op on the first eye now have clear vision in that one If you still have problems I would ask your doctor to refer you to an eye clinic for a more in depth scan at the back of the eye most opticians do not have the equipment for that
Well done for bringing your BG levels down again and don't beat yourself up for having a lapse most people do at some time

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for your support....4 weeks on I have managed to get my bs down to 5.8 starving and between 5 and 7 4 hrs after lunch...This was from 18. I have been running almost every night for 4 weeks and am in the zone....
.My eyes have almost come back....only using glasses to write this and to read. Hoping short vision will come back soon. Weight has stabled albeit I have completely changes shape.

I have had no bread ? Anything with added sugar. .For 4 weeks and NO alcohol...

Buts it's now Christmas and really want a glass of red wine........as a treat..Any thoughts ????? One or two glasses ??? Will it make any difference will the process reverse ??? Can't remember any help ????

Hi Robert, It's good you have done so well, I know it's a while since Monday but it appears no one has picked up on your question 'can I drink wine'.

Yes you can, it's best if you drink while eating, rather than drinking on an empty stomach. It's suggested that it is a dry wine and and preferably red.

It can bring your numbers down rather than pushing them up. you need to test as occasionally the numbers can get very low with some people but having a snack should correct it.

Have a good xmas and enjoy it, good luck

Reactions: 2 people