Message for Karen

Christian Boy

Dislikes
My job, my home.
Hi there Karen,

I have been think about what you said re losing weight. You suggested a "buddy" that was in the same position. I have asked a friend from Church (non-diabetic) to try losing weight with me. We have swapped mobile numbers and hopefully support each other and encourage each other.

Thanks.

PS, I am going to have a look out for the DVD.

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
Hey guys - -

I suggest hitting the gym for an hour or so - you can join classes and make friends who are exactly in the same position as you!!

ChocFish

Hey Martin, thats excellent news, a good start there isnt it

Re the DVD, I think you can buy it online or just ask WHSmiths or Blockbuster or similar to order it for you.

All the best

Karen

Christian Boy

Dislikes
My job, my home.
arjster said:
Hey guys - -

I suggest hitting the gym for an hour or so - you can join classes and make friends who are exactly in the same position as you!!

I am not sure about the gym. I have a prolapsed disc and sacral nearve damage. I'll look into it though.

Thanks

ChocFish

Martin, whatever exercise you do, you must check with your doctor first, you dont want to cause further damage to your spine.

Your doctor might even prescribe youy a few sessions at the gym with a personal trainer, you should ask, maybe you can be referred for physio and then be given exercises to do at home, or swimminng lessons, just ask around, esp your doctor/nurse, see what they can come up with.

Re diet, some people cannot do low carb/high protein, for example those with kidney problems, I used to just reduce the stodge if you like, eg if I fancied something like lasagna or macaroni cheese, I had a much smaller portion than I would have had normally and filled the plate with looads of low carb/GI vegetables; I am a greedy guts, for me it wouldnt work to have the plate just half full, or something, my word I would have given up the slimming.
Sometimes when I was too busy to cook, I used to get a ready meal from the supermarket and have either a huge salad with it or again a whole load of cooked veges, dessert was low fat yogurt mainly or lower GI fruit or even a couple of biscuits.

Now I just do the wholefood/mediterranean foods, completely free of chemicals, addtiives, etc and cook and bake all my food in larger quantities that I then freeze in portions, this saves me time as I have a good cooking/baking session every 2 weeks or so.

All the best

Karen