Unable to eat

Lesley121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have had type2 Diabetes for 4 years. On humulin m3 twice a day for 2 years.had horrific mouth ulcers ?cause for a week. Have seen Dentist gp and maxillary /facial consultant on Christmas Eve. On lots of medication. Can't eat - too painful. Have managed Complan vegetables and liquidised cold C mas dinner yesterday. Have reduced Insulin from 42 units x 2 to 32 units x2 per day but bg still low. Could I stop Insulin altogether pro temps? Nobody around to ask unless I dial 111 again. First time on here. Would be grateful for any help

leeemerick

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You really need medical advice.
If you can't speak to a DSN (do they have emergency duty nurse?) Then go with 111 and ask for advice.
Sorry can't help further and best of luck

Reactions: 2 people

Lesley121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks - no emergency duty diabetic nurse - beginning to think like you that it's 111 again...

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Really sorry to hear this.
I'm not an insulin user, and really can't offer anything useful.
But, if you are going low, please do dial 111.

If you think you are going too low, dial 999.

Come back and let us know how you are getting on.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Have had type2 Diabetes for 4 years. On humulin m3 twice a day for 2 years.had horrific mouth ulcers ?cause for a week. Have seen Dentist gp and maxillary /facial consultant on Christmas Eve. On lots of medication. Can't eat - too painful. Have managed Complan vegetables and liquidised cold C mas dinner yesterday. Have reduced Insulin from 42 units x 2 to 32 units x2 per day but bg still low. Could I stop Insulin altogether pro temps? Nobody around to ask unless I dial 111 again. First time on here. Would be grateful for any help
You really do need to ask a professional about this .
As a Diabetic we are always told never to stop using or taking our insuin .
As you are not eating food and going too low BG levels - this certainly
needs some professional advice and steering for yourself

Please contact 111 and let them know of your current situation .
Do let us all know how things go as we will be thinking of you with genuine concern .

Reactions: 2 people