what sort of blood pressure?

m_cooper

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just wondered what the average blood pressure readings are for people on here,as my gp wants my blood pressure below 130/70.it was 160/90 on amlodipine,i have stopped taking bp tablets and my pressure is 120-145 over 70-80 and i am 56yrs old

C

catherinecherub

Blood pressure is not static, it varies throughout the day. Cooper I wouldn't worry about your readings, they are fine. Worrying about them will send them up. Be guided by your Dr.

Catherine.

wallycorker

Hi,

At diagnosis of diabetes nearly nine years ago, mine was 164/109.

My GP put me on tablets - currently Rampiril and Bisoprolol - and I changed my diet and cut back very significantly on alcohol consumption. My blood pressure has gradually become lower and lower since then. I consider that cutting back on booze made the most difference.

More recently, I have changed my diet further and lost 25 kgs (4 stones) in weight over the last 8 months and my blood pressure has decreased yet still further.

I've just checked it now and the reading was 107/63 - of course it varies quite a bit but that is quite typical.

Mine is lower than that of my very active sports-mad 13 years-old grandson.

Now, I'm expecting my GP to cut back on my medication at my annual review which is due to take place soon.

I am 65 years old.

Best Wishes - John

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
As has been said many times here, single readings mean absolutely nothing as there's a whole host of factors that influence blood pressure.

Mine average out at 115/75 at the time of writing (age 40), enabled with a cocktail of meds. Taming the hypertension beast has had a dramatic (and positive) impact on two of my complications relating to eyes and kidneys.

High blood pressure is sometimes known as "the silent killer" in medical circles, so definitely worth sorting out.

Trinkwasser

Mine was heading upwards of 145/95 on the Healthy High Carb Diet.

They lent me a 24 hour monitor a while back and I was averaging around 120/75

This is with 20mg Olmesartan

Recently it's been higher but not consistently so