Doctors call to get me in

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had the doctor on the phone about my new symptoms and me thinking the diabetes had got worse, he said you never had it in june just a bit raised so next week got have extra blood test for all sorts one is thyroid and chest xray so god know what he thinks it is now.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm not trying to be rude or facetious, but maybe you have dementia or some other mental health problem since re-reading this thread I can find no indication that any health professional ever said you had diabetes, yet you seem to think you did by this latest post.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not trying to be rude or facetious, but maybe you have dementia or some other mental health problem since re-reading this thread I can find no indication that any health professional ever said you had diabetes, yet you seem to think you did by this latest post.

dementia ? My doctor said i was in the waiting room to get diabetes and i thought with all my new problems in the last 2 months it had got worse.

Perhaps i am wrong and i have something else wrong.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
As others have said it puts you into the prediabetic or borderline diabetes range. I'm in this range too (HbA1c was 44). We're lucky, if we make changes now, chances are we can defer a diabetes diagnosis. Your doc is probably calling you in for the talk (mine did too). you may well be given "duff" advice, so do some research on your own too and see what lifestyle changes are suitable for you. Best of luck x

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
As others have said it puts you into the prediabetic or borderline diabetes range. I'm in this range too (HbA1c was 44). We're lucky, if we make changes now, chances are we can defer a diabetes diagnosis. Your doc is probably calling you in for the talk (mine did too). you may well be given "duff" advice, so do some research on your own too and see what lifestyle changes are suitable for you. Best of luck x

Hi have you had all the problems that i have ? Thrush / eye site / hungry all the time / feel shaky some mornings as if i am hyper. plus many more.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi have you had all the problems that i have ? Thrush / eye site / hungry all the time / feel shaky some mornings as if i am hyper. plus many more.
My main problem was (and still is) recurrent abscesses, but I also had the persistant hunger, which has now settled now with a low carb diet. Eyes were blurry at times but I don't know if it's BG related as nobody can agree on that. The hunger thing in the morning is quite common in T2D at diagnosis I'm told (can't remember the name for it now). Haven't had thrush as such, but lets just say my "bits" are the first to know if my BG is high....let's just leave it at that! LOL

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
My main problem was (and still is) recurrent abscesses, but I also had the persistant hunger, which has now settled now with a low carb diet. Eyes were blurry at times but I don't know if it's BG related as nobody can agree on that. The hunger thing in the morning is quite common in T2D at diagnosis I'm told (can't remember the name for it now). Haven't had thrush as such, but lets just say my "bits" are the first to know if my BG is high....let's just leave it at that! LOL

Did you loose any weight i have lost 3Kg in the last 2 months.

PS i had a bad tooth a month ago that turned into an abscess all my face was swollen and its never done this before when i have had them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Did you loose any weight i have lost 3Kg in the last 2 months.

PS i had a bad tooth a month ago that turned into an abscesses all my face was swollen and its never done this before when i have had them.
Yep, I have a tooth abscess right now. Bloody painful...at least I have a good dentist though so I can't complain.

I have lost about 12-15kg in 6 weeks on a low carb diet, so I'm pretty happy. The weight loss has stalled over the last 3 weeks, but mainly because I've been busy and haven't had as much time for swimming, and for the last 10 days I' haven't felt well (I'm now thinking it's the abscess as I usually feel generally unwell with them) and I've had way too many social functions going on. This week it's all back to normal though, so I should see that weight loss pick up again. Just got to be patient and mix things up a bit :)

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, I have a tooth abscess right now. Bloody painful...at least I have a good dentist though so I can't complain.

I have lost about 12-15kg in 6 weeks on a low carb diet, so I'm pretty happy. The weight loss has stalled over the last 3 weeks, but mainly because I've been busy and haven't had as much time for swimming, and for the last 10 days I' haven't felt well (I'm now thinking it's the abscess as I usually feel generally unwell with them) and I've had way too many social functions going on. This week it's all back to normal though, so I should see that weight loss pick up again. Just got to be patient and mix things up a bit :)

Oh so you went on a diet that explains your weight loss, only thing i have changed it less sugar in my tea so about 20 spoons less a day plus no fizzy pop, but not sure if that is why i have lost 3KG

Yes abscess hurt like hell and not nice at all when they pulled mine out it was still infected.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh so you went on a diet that explains your weight loss, only thing i have changed it less sugar in my tea so about 20 spoons less a day plus no fizzy pop, but not sure if that is why i have lost 3KG

Yes abscess hurt like hell and not nice at all when they pulled mine out it was still infected.
I'll be having a root canal and crown as I'd rather keep my tooth...comes in handy for eating...and fighting my way into packaging LOL.

If you've been having a lot of sugar then cutting that out should lead to some weight loss. I didn't really eat large amounts of refined sugar as I'm more into savoury foods, but I used to pack in the carbs, which is as bad as sugar really.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update this week been for chest xray and loads of bloods again. and went back today to see the doctor he said there all fine and i don't have diabetes at all and not in the waiting for it. my result was 4.5 or 45 not sure which.

And told me to stop the statins so was really confused and thought i would speak to another doctor and they said it is raised a bit and to keep on the statins and look for the Gi diet. So not sure who to believe and this is why i have going to the doctors because there all over paid and useless.

PS the second doctor did say i will have to have a word with the first doctor he is new and not sure what to do, so why is he working there if he knows nothing.

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just a quick update its now been nearly 4 months since my last post.

My HBAIC was 42 in june then september went to 45 and today had bloods took again and still 45 doctor said its leveled out now,
not sure if its because i have cut most of my sugar out or not but when i started i was 85Kg and been that for over 20 years now i am 77 so lost 8Kg in 6 months and still losing weight. And today the doctor said i would not lose any being in the waiting for diabetes so got to have more tests to see what's going on so now i am really worried.

PS nurse told me months ago i would lose weight so who is correct doctor or nurse.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
err are you saying that your dr is saying that as you are diabetic/pre diabetic you wont loose weight?

Fantastic :woot: that case l am not a T2 as l have lost 30kg over the last year....

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
err are you saying that your dr is saying that as you are diabetic/pre diabetic you wont loose weight?

Fantastic :woot: that case l am not a T2 as l have lost 30kg over the last year....

Hi yes the doctor who phoned today said i wont loose weight being pre diabetic because i am not over weight, and wants me in next week for more tests.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think both diabetics and non-diabetics can lose or gain weight depending on what they eat, how much they exercise, etc.

However, weight loss can by a symptom of severe hyperglycemia. Maybe that was what he was referring to.