Which one?? Choice of three

Kelsie

Hi, Sorry for repeating what has been asked many many times! My DSN told me a couple months ago that I am a suitable candidate for a pump and today was told which of the three I can choose from:
Roche insight
Medtronic (new model coming out soon)
Cellnovo
Could anyone provide their opinions/experiences of the above pumps and which they would recommend?
I can't wait to go on the pump and gain better control. I am very active with a physical job as well
Thanks in advance

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the medtronic, but I wouldn't say its the most good looking device, although it does work brilliantly........

it also has the facility to communicate with a CGM, something that I have not used yet.......

I suppose picking the one that your team have the most experience with would be wise......

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Depends on how much insulin you use if it's a lot then skip the Roche as very limited if you want a CGM at some point then Medtronic would have to be your choice.
Do a search of the forum regarding the cellnovo. As there have been more than a few problems with it.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not the Cellnovo.

I've tried that and dropped it. Now on the insight, by far the superior product in many ways. Much more sensitive control, easier reservoir and cannula changes, better comfort in my experience.

Addenbrookes have temporarily stopped using Cellnovo because so many people had issues with it.

Kelsie

Thank you all very much :) I was swaying towards the Roche insight as saw previously that there had been a lot of problems with the cellnovo

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
I have been using the Cellnovo since October 2014, its my first pump as such I have had to get adjusted to a new way in treating my diabetes. I didn't want to be tethered to a tubed system so my only considered options were the Omnipod and Cellnovo.

For me the Cellnovo offers:
A very discreet system (touchscreen handset, discreet & easy to wear pump)
A pump which holds enough insulin generally for 2-3 days wear (150 iu approx), easily 3 days on LCHF which I have recently started
Can be removed temporarily (Omnipod couldn't)

Problems I've had to date:
Pump not holding charge to last 3 days (replaced quickly and new ones working as they should)
Some dodgy cartridges (very frustrating but can happen with any system)
Painful cannula sites - caused by teflon, steel ones much more comfortable for me (cannula choice varies from person to person)

Overall after initial minor frustrations my experience with the Cellnovo is positive. A lot of people at my local hospital have stopped using the system, I was close to following (and going back to injections) but am beginning to see the overall benefits of pump use.

If you are switching from injections to pump be aware ALL systems will provide a steep learning curve. My BGs were all over the place for at least a month when I started and until my basals where sorted and found out which sites on my body are most sensitive to insulin; still learning and adjusting now.

When you see your DSN ask to have a hands on look with each device specifically the bit your going to be wearing 24/7.

Reactions: 2 people