Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
10 minute walk at lunch time then 25 minutes moving around bedroom playing with my weights and walking up and down stairs . Not very energetic but better than nothing .

Reactions: 8 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
That reminds me, i should dig out my shake weight, work on the bingo wings.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 min walk when I got home from work... I hate walking in the dark, however tonight there was a massive moon and some beautiful stars....

billpmadscot

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exercise?? Does that come in tablet or Injection form, if so I'm up for some. Can I get that on prescription or is it over the counter????

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exercise?? Does that come in tablet or Injection form, if so I'm up for some. Can I get that on prescription or is it over the counter????

You just have to move a bit more than usual, and report on here. It is free. Step in and step up.

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
About 40 min walking and climbing the 11 floors of office stairs today.

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Doing well ladies and gentlemen.

Today was rapid trolley stomp round aldi, 15 minutes brisk dash round town to bank then 30 minutes peddling.

Reactions: 8 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual dog walk today, just managed to escape the rain! No cross trainer today but I did change the bedding on son's double bed - that is enough exercise! I can only mange a couple of minutes on the cross trainer I am so unfit :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual dog walk today, just managed to escape the rain! No cross trainer today but I did change the bedding on son's double bed - that is enough exercise! I can only mange a couple of minutes on the cross trainer I am so unfit :)
I could only manage 5 minutes at a time on the lowest setting on my exercise bike when I started. Now I can happily do the full 30 minutes if I have to with a fair bit of resistance. Little acorns and all that.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow there is a real interesting collection of exercise on here for today. The one that really had me groaning was the walking up 11 floors! Well done. I liked the changing the bed too. Changing a double duvet is really like an aerobic workout.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Changing a duvet cover is strenuous exercise. Especially if your son has a room like mine did when he was younger. Obstacle course.

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I felt guilty because I just really played at it so I went for a walk after tea. Actually enjoyed it

Reactions: 7 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

NOT EXERCISE that scares people, the trick is to be ACTIVE

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Keep at it , before you know it you ll be doing 30

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Wow there is a real interesting collection of exercise on here for today. The one that really had me groaning was the walking up 11 floors! Well done. I liked the changing the bed too. Changing a double duvet is really like an aerobic workout.

That's what I love about it , gives you ideas xx

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes sons tend to have 'floordrobes' ..... Or at least mine did!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Changing a duvet cover is strenuous exercise. Especially if your son has a room like mine did when he was younger. Obstacle course.

Even worse when you have mischievous cats who want to 'help' :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
even worse when you have a helpful 3 year old nephew who thinks its fun to crawl inside the duvet and cover lol.. which lead to a rough and rumble session, pillow throwing and an unmade bed...had to finish the job off once he had gone home with his mum pheww

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Heavy day in the office, didn't even get out for some air but did manage the 11 floors again.

Reactions: 5 people