Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Thanks for the welcome, I've been a type 1 diabetic for over 25 years, I could class myself as an old hand at this game, however, each day seems to bring a new learning experience!
So true

Dawn55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Peppers, beetroot, rude people, lateness and bullys
Thank you for the welcome :smug:

jimbo51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?Jimbo
- How old are you? I am as old as my gums and little older than my teeth but if you must know 63
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Ely
- Are you religious? borderline
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Crazy, gental funny
- Do you have any pets? yes 2 Cats
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Darts
- Do you get angry easily? so so
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 1 On arm
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Meatloaf, Elvis, buddy hollie,
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Rock
- What is your favourite flag? Union Jack
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? yes
- Ever used fake tan? no
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales
- Favourite city? Ely
- List your five favourite TV programmes. NCIS, CSI, Bondi Vet, Animal rescue
- List your five favourite films. Inn of the sixth happines, Zulu, bridge over river Kwie, Dambusters, Battle of britain & Fo9rrest Gump
- Are you wealthy? no
- Do you work? If so, as what? retired
- List the subjects you study/have studied.none
- What do you like most about yourself?Caringside
- What do you like least about yourself? Temper

Reactions: 4 people

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just discovered this so here goes . . .

- What is your name? tigerlily
- How old are you? early 40's
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? England, UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Wiltshire
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality cautious, realist, sensitive
- Do you have any pets? Yes - 2 dogs
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Don't play any
- Do you get angry easily? Not as much as I used to but depends on situation / who annoys me!
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Just my ears pierced once
- List your five favourite musicians/bands Florence & The Machine, Paloma Faith, All About Eve, Robbie Williams and just discovered George Ezra
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? No real favourite
- What is your favourite flag? I don't have one
- Ever gone camping? No, but does caravanning count? :D
- Ever been in love? Yes, married to him for almost 15 years
- Ever used fake tan? Yes, but I wouldn't apply it ever again by myself!
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales
- Favourite city? Can I have a country? Scotland
- List your five favourite TV programmes Broadchurch at the moment
- List your five favourite films Four Weddings and a Funeral, Dirty Dancing, Slumdog Millionaire, The Holiday
- Are you wealthy? Not unless I win the lottery!
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes, but it's top secret ;)
- List the subjects you study/have studied. BA (Hons) Applied Social Studies (completed). Started a flexible online photography course last year which I really must get re-started on
- What do you like most about yourself? My long (ish) thick hair
- What do you like least about yourself? Body shape / size (overweight) :depressed:

Reactions: 2 people

popsicle56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone I have had T1 for more than 34 years (I am 55!) and have been using a Medtronic Minimed Veo insulin pump for two years now. I live near Glasgow and have been retired due to ill health - not diabetes related - from my job as a lecturer for nearly 5 years.

I love lots of music but am predominantly a country fan. Favourites would include Christy Moore, Tim McGraw, Leonard Cohen - boy he has aged well! - and songs by lots of artists such as Led Zeppelin, Joni Mitchell, Ludovico Einaudi and lots more.

Have I been in love - oh yeah! More than once lol.

My favourite holiday places are Glencoe and Arran but can't go on holiday nowadays cos I ain't got no money!

I am about to study courses in dementia, terrorism and resilience in children during war, terrorism and natural disasters. All free courses which is brilliant.

Look forward to chatting on the forum.

Reactions: 4 people

billb61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
hi new to the forum ,
im bill -53 been diabetic for a for over 5 years now was 21 stone now cant seem to get below 17/18 stone ,i was shocked to see that dietry advice given to me was incorrect .i am now going to try this low carb one ( which im not looking foward to lol) all my favourite foods have to go ,i currently have been eating porridge /bran flakes.chicken rice/ pasta .potaoes with veggies not too bad only loosing potatoes on that one.must say not a salad lover dont mind it in small portions.
love my computer . movies . used to go to gym but wasnt loosing weight and it was costing a fortune.so now do a 3 mile walk after doing my 12 hr shift. sometimes cant be bothered but still go.

Reactions: 8 people

Butterflies

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is your name?... Liz
- How old are you? ... 53
- Are you male or female? ... Female
- Which country are you from? ... UK
- Which city/area do you live in? ... Midlands
- Are you religious?... No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. ... Friendly, Caring, Wise
- Do you have any pets? ... No
- Microsoft or Apple? ... Microsoft.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? ... Tennis
- Do you get angry easily? ... Yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Ears
- What is your favourite flag? ... The Union Jack
- Ever gone camping? ... Never, thank you and never will lol
- Ever been in love? ... Yes
- Ever used fake tan? ... No
- Which countries have you visited? .. Spain
- List your five favourite TV programmes. ... Only Fools and Horses
- List your five favourite films. Not a film buff
- Are you wealthy? ... No
- List the subjects you study/have studied. ... Too numerous to mention, but not that interesting to list
- What do you like most about yourself? ... My ability to converse with people
- What do you like least about yourself? .. My health as it is currently !

Nektarin87

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Nothing, but rascism and dill :)
Hi to all of you!

I`m new to this community and though I complete a little basket of introduction to you. If anything would hit your mind, do not hesitat to ask it from me. So let me see about those questions:

- What is your name? Just stay with Nektarin.
- How old are you? Now that could be hard by my nick, but I`m still 27.
- Are you male or female? Male.
- Which country are you from? Hungary.
- Which city/area do you live in? Countryside, often called as Mordor of Hungary.
- Are you religious? Yes, though I have my own unique one to follow.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Lifeboat, coffee, teddybear.
- Do you have any pets? 2 cute turtles, Hurby and Torpedo are the names.
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? I often go to gym, running, I like playing football and also like fishing.
- Do you get angry easily? No, but you may try me.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Not yet, but I made some plans for a tattoo, idea is under developement.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Music Boardwalk (CarnivalCruiseLines band), LinkinPark, Akosh, Metallica, amongst many, but it depends on my mood really.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Also depending, but mainly I choose from Rock or Symphonic metal.
- What is your favourite flag? Barzilian.
- Ever gone camping? A lot of times and now planning to do so again.
- Ever been in love? I have been for the last 10 years, still I am and will be. I wish everyone would have the same as we do with my wife.
- Ever used fake tan? No.
- Which countries have you visited? It would be ideal to tell which I have not yet.
- Favourite city? Amsterdam.
- List your five favourite TV programmes.I do not have a TV.
- List your five favourite films. Queen of the Damned, Star Wars and the LOTR, Hobbit film mainly.
- Are you wealthy? Only in my dreams, but wealthy of love.
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes, definitely, but for my own good, I do not tell. They would kill me :)
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Tourism, geography and LIFE :)
- What do you like most about yourself? Myself.
- What do you like least about yourself? All things not of myself, but good about someone else :)

Chris S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People treating me differently. This is the hand I was dealt and I'm happy to live with it. ;-)
Hi all.
Utter technophobe so this may well end it tears (of frustration!!)
Photo - No idea how to do this although I did manage to upload my avatar but I can only wish that I could grow sideburns and a tash as luxurious as those in the picture!
What is your name? - My name is Chris Swinton. (Christopher if I'm in trouble).
How old are you? - I'm 42.
Are you male or female? - I'm male.
Which country are you from? - I'm English but from Great Britain.
Which city/area do you live in? - I live in Stockport, close to Manchester in NW England.
Are you religious? - Always surprised that I don't burst into flames whenever I enter a church! No I'm not but respect anyone of any faith.
Pick 3 words to describe you. - Supportive, loyal, enquiring.
Do you have any pets? - Yes 2 dogs, my loyal sidekick of 14 years Beckett and a 4 year old step-dog called Buster.
Microsoft or Apple? - Huh!! Only vaguely aware of either but gun to head I'll go Microsoft.
Which sports (if any) do you like/play? - Play badminton (badly due to retinopathy and officially visually impaired), swim and have a home gym.
Love bike racing and travel a lot watching MotoGP, WSBK, BSB and am getting married at the TT this
June. I'm a Stockport County fan so at the moment not too much interest in football but the other half
is a Man Utd fan so it's often on the old idiot box. Also huge fan of Rugby League and went to my first
Grand Final last year and already have tickets for October so hoping Wigan make it there again!!
Do you get angry easily? - I get frustrated easily but on the whole am a very placid laid back kind of guy.
Do you have any tattoo's or piercings? - Has 4 in my ear, 2 in the lobe, 1 in the top and 1 in the middle. Eyebrow, nose and lip and one in the
unmentionables! Currently have 7 tattoo's 5 on left arm and 2 on right, always looking for more ink and am
thinking of turning my left into a 'sleeve'.
List your 5 favourite musicians/bands. - Difficult one this. The Eagles, Stone Roses, The Killers, Public Enemy and Foster the People.
What would you say is your favourite music genre? - If I like it I like it. My CD collection would definitely raise a few eyebrows!
What is your favourite flag? - The Manx flag, The Maltese Cross, the Union Jack and the flag of St George. (If I can have 4).
Ever gone camping? - Haha is this a trick question? Yes I have been in a tent. :)
Ever been in love? - YES.
Ever used fake tan? - Based on what I see in Manchester, yes I have on my garden fence!
Which countries have you visited? - Wales, Ireland, Scotland, France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Malta, Greece, Morocco, Austria, All the Spanish
islands, Mexico, Peru, Portugal and Nepal.
Favourite city? - Valletta (or Edinburgh closer to home). That being said every city I have ever been to will always stay with me.
List your 5 favourite TV programmes. - Dexter, Seinfeld, Grimm, Breaking Bad and Malcolm in the Middle.
List you 5 favourite films. - It's a Wonderful Life, A Matter of Life and Death, Jaws, Stir Crazy and Reservoir Dogs.
Are you wealthy? - If I hadn't spent it all as fast as I earn it!
Do you work? If so as what? - Not at the moment as diabetic complications are winning right now but I'm training with my cane and learning to
ignore the neuropathy pain, my job remains open for my return. I am a counsellor working with victims/clients/patients
with substance abuse issues. It's the job I was born to do and I can't wait to get back. :)
What do you like most about yourself? - My bouncebackability!
What do you like least about yourself? - That I didn't listen sooner!

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi new to the forum ,
im bill -53 been diabetic for a for over 5 years now was 21 stone now cant seem to get below 17/18 stone ,i was shocked to see that dietry advice given to me was incorrect .i am now going to try this low carb one ( which im not looking foward to lol) all my favourite foods have to go ,i currently have been eating porridge /bran flakes.chicken rice/ pasta .potaoes with veggies not too bad only loosing potatoes on that one.must say not a salad lover dont mind it in small portions.
love my computer . movies . used to go to gym but wasnt loosing weight and it was costing a fortune.so now do a 3 mile walk after doing my 12 hr shift. sometimes cant be bothered but still go.
Hi, welcome to the forum, I used to like all the potatoes mashed roast , rice & pasta, was a real curry man & lots of bread. Yes I am missing it, and I was not as heavy as you. Reached 16st 8lbs but was heading up until I was diagnosed.
I havn't found it too difficult to do the low carb and still been able to fill myself up with vegetables, lot's of cauli and I can tolerate swede so that with butter & pepper is ok for me. I don't feel as though I am particular eating less but have lost weight and still losing although slowly now. Once you do get the weight down then you will become more insulin sensitive which will mean that you will be able, in moderation, return to eating some of those foods you like. You could even reverse the diabetes or at have great control over it.
Good luck.
Neil

Reactions: 3 people

Just Sam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought i had done this before, but it vanished,,,, bit like anything tasty in my pantry these days ;)

What is your name? >> Sam
- How old are you? >> 40
- Are you male or female? >> Female
- Which country are you from? >> uk
- Which city/area do you live in? >> South Lincs
- Are you religious?>> Nope
- Pick three words to describe your personality.>> Sarcastic Caring Generous
- Do you have any pets?>> Teenage daughter :/
- Microsoft or Apple?>> Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?>> Id love to play all of them however my waistline stops this ;)
- Do you get angry easily?>> Nope... well im a red head so it kinda 50/50
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?>> only ears pierced
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.>> John Newman, Bob Marley, Maverick Sabre, Madness and Emile Sande
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?> Motown/Ska
- What is your favourite flag?>> The one that says i have won the race
- Ever gone camping?>> Once, hated it
- Ever been in love?>> yes, and i will again one day
- Ever used fake tan?>> it isnt the done thing for a ginger!
- Which countries have you visited? >> Egypt and Europe
- Favourite city?>> Norwich
- List your five favourite TV programmes. >> Only Fools, Sherlock, Undateables,
- List your five favourite films.>> Shawshank, Usual suspects, Shrek, Little women (?) Scrooge
- Are you wealthy?>> Pfft i wish
- Do you work? If so, as what? >> I work
- List the subjects you study/have studied. > gcse's and how to spot a fibber at ten paces
- What do you like most about yourself? Sharp Wit, Blue eyes, Cracking **** lol and my caring side
- What do you like least about yourself? Being too caring and a wobbly belly!

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Welcome all newbies to the best forum !
EDWARD

Reactions: 5 people