Can someone help me please,

sandymaynard

Hi everybody,
I made a appointment to see doctor, much to my disappointment my new Gp who is very helpful is off for holiday for two weeks! MY diabetic nurse is also on holiday as well!
I went to the doctor as i am affraid of things that are happening,
Take yesterday,
Breakfast... 2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice bacon 1 sausage, 1 mushroom that was me full, My fasting blood was 7.4, Then two hours after breakfast, blood sugar was 10.2..
Lunch... small bit of cheese, And a apple, i was too full to eat anything else, Blood sugar two hours later, 9.8
Evening meal, Chicken breast with salad, lettece onion tomatos, celery,
Two hours later 11.8.
I was told by this new doctor oh dont worry nothing worrying about the blood sugars they are normal,

This morning, fasting blood sugar 7.1
had breakfast Scrambled egg bacon and sausage for breakfast Once again blood sugar shot up to 10.8,

question here is should i be worried by this? or do as this gp said and don't worry about it? I don't have a cold or bug or anything like that! I am on low carb meals!
Sandy

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Sandy.

If Diet only isn't working for you then the next step is probably going to be Metformin.
I see you only see a GP and Practice Nurse - is that correct. You need to air your concerns over the levels with your usual GP and possibly ask to be referred to an Endocrinologist, an expert.
This is not a criticism of your GP, it is just making sure you get the best possible care.

Hope this helps.
Ken.

sandymaynard

Hi ken
I am worried about the levels it is going to without me eating bread etc! It is starting to worry me now!
My normal gp and nurse are not back until the 5th or 6th of may!

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Sandy,
First thing you must do is stop worrying to much, stress alone will increase you BG levels, as its only a week before you see your Doctor you won't come to much harm. Keep your diet as it is tll then and stop worrying.

Take care
Graham

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Sandy.

The levels aren't massively high so I shouldn't worry yourself unduly. I am sure this can wait till your next appointment with your favourite GP in a few days time.

If you worry too much you will also raise your Bg levels, so the stress is counterproductive. Try and relax, have some of that Choc you like - not too much mind ? You could also cut back on the quantity at breakfast, one egg instead of two, bacon or sausage instead of both, and see if that makes any difference. No starving though !

ken.

Graham beat me to it. :D

Lel

Hi Sandy,

Like others have said...don't stress! I had a day like that the other day and my levels were mental.
Couplf of Q's, were your meals normal ones for you??
Sausages can be quite high in carbs (i don't know what's in them to make them high) which might suggest that because of the fat content it took a little longer to spike you.
Also I find that appples are a no go as well they send me right up for quite a while, tomatos are the same.

I'm type 1 so i might be speaking rubbish but I thought i'd just make a suggestion.
i hope everything calms down.

x

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Lel said:
Sausages can be quite high in carbs (i don't know what's in them to make them high) which might suggest that because of the fat content it took a little longer to spike you.
It's because most sausages contain bread used as a bulking agent. The cheaper the sausage then the more bread (some can contain only 30% meat and 70% bread).

sandymaynard

Hi Lel And Dennis,
I buy these sausages direct from a butcher, he said that they should be okay! He said they are 95% pork!
i have always had the sausages! i feel real ill, got a bad head at the minute! When i checked my blood level has dropped down to 7.4.
My mumis a type 1 she says that for her she just changes the amount of insulin! I have found as mad as this sounds, when i get heartburn, if i take a rennie my blood sugar goes through the roof, Gaviscon is even worse! I have run out of ideas for the heartburn!
I am unsure what to eat tonight!
I have been told that next thursday going for a chinesse meal as a treat! I am thinking what can i have as most rice or noddles? I am very stuck on what to do!
Tomorrow i am thinking of trying having 1 scrambled egg with a piece of bacon and see what happens!
I feel very ill at mo!
Sandy

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
If you are developing an infection, your sugar can go up high. Skip rice or noodles and have more vegetables. Be careful with the sauce too. You don't really need worry about fats.

sandymaynard

I am fine, Fiancee has got a bug!
I am okay, I have found if i leave to eat 2 hours after waking up then blood sugars seem stable, if i eat within a hour of waking blood sugars go through the roof!
I am one of those people who can be in a house full of sick people and never catch a thing! I have always been lucky with that one! But i think that might change!
I have also noticed that if i try brown,wholemeal,weightwatchers bread my blood sugars go through the roof!
sandy

sanjidcapa

Hi man
I am worried about the levels it is going to without me eating bread etc! It is starting to worry me now!pls help me :lol:
My normal gp and nurse are not back until the 5th or 6th of may!