Flu jab

Trinkwasser

chocoholic said:
Why are we so slow in this country to act 'at the beginning' of these things. If I was in charge, I'd quarantine those arriving back from Mexico, even if it had to be in aircraft hangars or similar. Any right-minded person would not mind this if it saves a possible deathly pandemic. I wouldn't mind.

Ah but you're missing the point! There is enough Taniflu for half the population so the politicians and civil servants and other parasites will all survive. The rest of us, well consider the results on the unemployment numbers and the savings on the NHS of having a mass of dead people they no longer need to treat. New BMWs all round for the accountants and actuaries . . .

yerkish

im not sure what to do now,,,my 12yr old daughter has tpye 1.we live in torbay were there has been a confirmed case of swine flu in a 12yr old the school she attends has now been closed till the 11th of may..the schoo my daughter attends has no plans to close at the min they have said they will be monitoring the situation and take approprate action..what do i do about amy do i pull her out of school or let her go.she also goes out with her friends on friday nights to a nightclub that runs under 16 nights.im not panicking in just confused as to what to do,,,

The Governor

I'm interested... what's the nature of the risk to a diabetic for Flu anyway?

Is the risk larger or smaller depending on how well controlled you are?

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
The Governor said:
I'm interested... what's the nature of the risk to a diabetic for Flu anyway?

Is the risk larger or smaller depending on how well controlled you are?

Hi Gov,
Long time no see how are you doing, still piling on the pounds :D

Regards Graham

The Governor

Hello matey :D yeah sorry not been around too much just got distracted with other stuff, you know how it is!

In times of crisis though, there's always Diabetes UK :D

I've got my next HBA1C this AM too, I have a feeling it might've gone up a bit from my 5.8% last time... fingers crossed :?