Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Too busy and travelling to get on yesterday, so six pages later ...

Thursday night was an odd one, I was meeting some friends at a pub, one of the occasions where I will have a pint of bitter. I didn't leave the office early enough to eat, so I thought I'd just get some food at the pub but it was quiz night and by the time I got there they'd run out. So dinner consisted of a pint of Harvey's best and a bowl of salted peanuts. 6.2 at bedtime but yesterday morning was 5.6.

Salmon and red wine last night after driving home, 5.1 this morning :)
I'd be interested in trying that diet:D

Reactions: 4 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning....slept in, need coffee... Late night last night, crawled in to bed around 3am..... Got caught up watching back to back tv shows on Netflix, and lost track of time.

Picked up a small bag of jalapeños on the way home yesterday. Going to stuff them with cream cheese tonight and wrap them in bacon before placing them in the oven to cook up.

Reactions: 17 people

brummybri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, welcome to the thread. Sounds a pretty good fasting average. Do you test pre and post meals too so you know the effect your food is having on your bs?
I test before bedtime and they vary quite a bit but average around 9.6. Increasing my morning Insulin doesn't seem to make any difference. I am still trying to find best time to test.Does anyone else take Insulin twice a day, if so when do you do tests?

S

Sable_Jan

I test before bedtime and they vary quite a bit but average around 9.6. Increasing my morning Insulin doesn't seem to make any difference. I am still trying to find best time to test.Does anyone else take Insulin twice a day, if so when do you do tests?
I think most of us, whether on meds or not, test immediately before eating and 2 hours after. That way you can see the impact of your food on blood sugar levels so you can tell if that food gives you a greater spike than 2 eg 5.4 to 7.4 for example. I think even when on insulin you need to watch your diet too (possibly MORE important using it) @eddie1968 maybe best to advise on this

Reactions: 11 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.4 this morning but it was much later in the morning after a lie-in. Forgot to take the post-dinner reading last night.

Reactions: 13 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmmmm... Just looked at the text under my avatar photo ( my youngest @ 2 years covered in cake)..... And noticed that it now says "Senior".....now granted I just gained another year yesterday, I didnt think I was that old yet...:nailbiting:

Reactions: 13 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmmmm... Just looked at the text under my avatar photo ( my youngest @ 2 years covered in cake)..... And noticed that it now says "Senior".....now granted I just gained another year yesterday, I didnt think I was that old yet...:nailbiting:

Another 10 posts and you become "PREHISTORIC":D

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had the same feeling back in october it was cystitis hope you dont have that!! Get well soon::))

Thankfully it wasn't cystitis and much better now. Btw, cranberry juice, the very low sugar one, works great for cystitis and of course drinking loads of water.

Reactions: 10 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well as i have done over 12000 steps today...this evening i had half a tandoori chicken.....2 slices of veggi pizza......and a glass of Miranda fizzy soft drink...my first in nearly 3 months....GUESS WHAT?

5.4 after 1 hour
6.7 after 2 hours

I am really ok with that...thats NORMAL almost....NO MEDS

Reactions: 14 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well as i have done over 12000 steps today...this evening i had half a tandoori chicken.....2 slices of veggi pizza......and a glass of Miranda fizzy soft drink...my first in nearly 3 months....GUESS WHAT?

5.4 after 1 hour
6.7 after 2 hours

That is a GREAT result. I can see the faces turning green already.....................no, not with being sick but with envy:D:D

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

5.4 after 1 hour
6.7 after 2 hours

Could you test after 2.5 or 3 hours? I hate to rain on your BBQ, but, your 2 hours reading was increased from an hour, so it could still have been rising. Pizza is sort of know for it, unfortunately. You could try googling pizza effect - for example: http://www.dlife.com/diabetes-food-and-fitness/what_do_i_eat/fats/030.diet_exercise.pizza

I do hope your numbers are the peaks, but I'd be inclined to want more tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.