Is half a bar of Green and Blacks a bad thing?

whatashock

I have just turned this into my treat, and within days, I have found that I really like it.

1/2 a bar is 9g of carbs, so is there any reason that i cannot eat it.

thanks in advance.

(unless of course you upset me by saying yes!!)

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Well then, the answer has to be no :lol:

Regards, Tubs.

C

catherinecherub

Enjoy whatashock. I have been eating a few squares of ginger flavoured dark chocolate by Lindt and delicious it is too. Higher in carbs than yours and do I care, do I heck.

Catherine.

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Yeah, but it is lovely Catherine, I bought a bar of that by mistake...it felt good just cheating a little.

Tubs.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi whatashock,
Half a bar of Green and Blacks is no no for me pushes my Bg up far to much, but I can manage half a bar of 100% cocoa chocolate with minimal rises in Bg.

Graham

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a 'reformed' chocohlic I treat myself to 2 squares of Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate every night, it's the only way I can keep my cravings under control and doesn't seem to be effecting my blood sugar. Enjoy it - if you can!

Jessie. x

m100

whatashock said:
1/2 a bar is 9g of carbs, so is there any reason that i cannot eat it.

It must be a really small bar or just plain black ! The 100g of G&B Maya Gold (55% Cocoa Solids) I'm looking at longingly is 48.2g of carb per 100g.

One square a day is my target, so the 36 in a 100g bar should last a month :lol: Why is everything that tastes good so bad for you?

whatashock

Ah well, have you not found the 85% version.

My wife who is a chocaholic nearly threw up, but once you get used to it, it is very palatable.

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
i too enjoy a couple of squares of 85% chocolate, and it really is only 19gms of carb per 100gm bar! What a find!

sandymaynard

Hi
what does the greens and black taste like?
Never been a big choclate eater, but must admit fancy a square or two of it!
Would it be too much to eat two sqaures? I have only seen organic, is that is the same one?

whatashock

It is the 85% chocolate (only comes in 100g bars) and it is organic.

What does it taste like, well, I would suggest you spend the £1.50 or so, as the taste is 'unique'

I have also just bought some Cote D'or chocolate which si 86%, with 19g of Carbs pe 100g.

I bought this in Waitrose as it is 'only' 95p per bar at the moment, so a bit of a bargain.

Enjoy (if you can)

sandymaynard

My fiancee has bought me a bar of green and blacks to have a couple of squares tonight as we are going to watch a movie! We are going to watch yes man! and another film he picked them as i can't see the writting on the box as it is way too small for me! My fiancee is taking me out tomorrow and buying me a maginfying glass!
Sorry for pinching the thread!
Sandy

C

catherinecherub

Eat it slowly and let it melt in your mouth Sandy. It is the bee's knees. Enjoy.

Catherine.

Trinkwasser

Co-Op Fairtrade 85% is only £1.26 and has just come off offer here at £1/bar, it is IMO as good but a different flavour. I can slip down a couple of squares of either without problems, half a bar would be pushing it a bit, only about 8 - 10g carbs but fast ones.

Vikingepigen

Lindt (and general Chocolate) alert!!

Just been shopping in Sainsbury and found they have Lindt on offer 3 for 2 and THEY DO have the 85% and 90% coaco too!!

Also they have a new "Taste the Difference" with 85% coaco at just £1.16.

All the above might only be available in larger stores, which the one I shopped in is.

Just thought I would pass this on as I am most definately a LINDT GIRL!! hehehehe

Alice

Ps. More info on these chocolates: Both Lindt 85% and 90% comes in 100g bars which have 10 "squares". The 85% chocolate will have 53 Kcal and 1.9g Carbs per square. The 90% have 54 Kcal and 1.4g Carbs per square.

The Taste the Difference 85% chocolate comes in a 5 x 25g pack (which is a great thing for days out etc!) and each 25g bar equals 141 kcal and 4.8g Carbs.

So the two 85% chocolates are virtually the same in Kcal and Carbs, whereas the 90% Lindt is somewhat lower in Carbs.

Happy Eating!!

The Governor

the 85% stuff tastes like th e inside of someones else's shoe :D

I have G&B's Fruit and Nut, just two rows a day which is about 9g of carbs I think.

Their milk and honeycomb one are also about the same carb level (50 to 59g of carbs per 100g).

So a couple of rows does me, just about... no more Friday treat nights though :(

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The Governor said:
the 85% stuff tastes like th e inside of someones else's shoe :D

I have G&B's Fruit and Nut, just two rows a day which is about 9g of carbs I think.

Their milk and honeycomb one are also about the same carb level (50 to 59g of carbs per 100g).

So a couple of rows does me, just about... no more Friday treat nights though :(

It is an acquired taste!!I have strange tastes!! :lol: :lol: :lol: