Worried Girlfriend

Dotcom

Hi again,

My girlfriend is going the Dr's today for her test, (at 10am) she has bought a meter and did a test when we got up yesterday before breakfast. It wasn't a fasting test her reading was 6.1, she keeps asking is that good or bad :?: I have told her she needs to ask the Dr but she is so worried I said I would ask you guys as you have been there and worn the t-shirt (so to say). Can you please help, the book I have read didn't make it clear if the readings between 4.5 - 6 where fasting or not :!:

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
At 6.1 I would not be bothered. My last 3 random fasting readings were 5.9, 6.1 and a surprising for me 4.5.

Dotcom

Thanks I understand what your saying but this wasn't done after 12 hours fasting it was just first thing in the morning only about 6 or 7 hours after eating before shewent to bed. So does that make it good or bad :?:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya dotcom,
thats ok ,try not to worry :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi dotcom.

2009 guideline levels for Bg are as follows:
Fasting (waking) ................between 4 - 7 mmol/l.
2 hrs after meals.................no more than 8.5 mmol/l.

The term 'fasting' just means when you get up after a nights sleep. Not the fast you would do for a HbA1c test etc.

Your readings as the others say are nothing to worry about.

Ken.

Dotcom

Once again a very big thank you, it good to know that there are GOOD people with sound advice who are willing to help others. :D Hopefully we will have an outcome this time next week :!:

dr.sweet

dear dotcom
don't worry because its ok for a number , not only she has it almost every one . So, go tell ur friend its ok .