BS readings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful. I'm more a cat person but I can see the appeal as devotion on tap as opposed to thinly veiled contempt has got to be better for the soul.

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Amazing how I feel (felt) when I was in the 6s as opposed to the 5s. Huge difference but I reckon it might be mental knowing I've reached my goals. Just need them to stay there :)

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 Breackfast / Fasting
7.1 1hr
7.0 2 hr This was odd?
Pre Lunch No Testing
4.8 Pre Dinner
5.5 1hr 2 glasses of wine I think is holding the figures down, but home made stir fry with chicken and lots of vegs wasn't
5.5 2hrs going raise BS much anyway. 2 squares 70% Choc

Reactions: 9 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So why do all the things I read say it should be a brisk walk? I do walk quite quickly, but am always having to stop for Lola (my dog).
I think the briskness is for the benefit of the heart and cholesterol perhaps? Although I don't check rigorously, I think I remember my level elevating after a 30 minute brisk walk. Not by much though and it declined fairly soon after. I'm no expert but perhaps the walk helps our averages, even though it causes a rise in the short term. In other words ... I don't know!! Anyway, your results show you are doing extremely well :)

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning
9.2 at 2 hrs

this is a tried and tested breakfast that normally only gives me a minimal rise.. :(

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the briskness is for the benefit of the heart and cholesterol perhaps? Although I don't check rigorously, I think I remember my level elevating after a 30 minute brisk walk. Not by much though and it declined fairly soon after. I'm no expert but perhaps the walk helps our averages, even though it causes a rise in the short term. In other words ... I don't know!! Anyway, your results show you are doing extremely well :)

Thank you. I think you are right about the briskness being more to do with heart and cholesterol things than lowering BS. Maybe I should do one slow walk and one brisk walk every day!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting 6.3
Pre breakfast 6
Post 5.1
Pre lunch 5.1
Post lunch 1hr 6.5
No 2 hr reading as got caught up in conversation with friend
3hr 4.7
Pre dinner 4.9
Post 5.2

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well xmas is over so its shoulders to the wheel......plus I'm trying to lose more weight ::))