Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.2 again this morning. 13 days outta 16 under 5.9 :)

Reactions: 17 people
S

Sable_Jan

Phew, thought bedtime was going to be 8.2 - (25 g carbs in fish pie followed by ano 23g in sugarfree choc 3.5 hrs ago) mmm, washed hands properly instead of wiping fingers on dish wash sponge - 6.2 and 6.3 - panic over.... Well ok, didn't panic but 8.2 so long after WAS a bit of a shock....

Reactions: 6 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 this morning the lowest end of my comfort zone. Still pleased.
Yesterday's workout has paid extra dividends. :)

Reactions: 15 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.3 this morning and got chest drain back cause more fluid has appeared in plural space. Feeling rough this morning not had much sleep:-(

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning and got chest drain back cause more fluid has appeared in plural space. Feeling rough this morning not had much sleep:-(
Ahh....not going to "like" that Loulou! fingers crossed you are soon improving again x

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Thanks everyone. I see my consultant on Friday who will confirm matters (hopefully). If a recurrence of the same tumour occurs it is statistically within the first two years, so that milepost is behind me. Just got another 3 years to go before remission from any spread. :eek:
Great news , I'll be thinking about you on Friday xx

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
An amazing 4.7 pre dinner and not happy with that ... too low for my liking. Never been that level B4. Light lunches (put it down to one avocado to blame for 3 consecutive days and that's it) and have to build that up.

Morning to all of you :) MD :)

Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning after going to bed on 5.3
Expected a bit more as it was a bit of a disturbed night, stormy gales and rain here and two loo visits added in!

Reactions: 14 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So far so good andbreathe - like we said there could be a blip when my system realises something is missing. Maybe my exercise bike sessions are helping too!
I think you will be fine because you aren't changing your low carb regime so your pancreas won't get a huge shock! The meds have been merely supporting your pancreas. I came off the meds because I found they were keeping me too low so I think there was room for a slight increase. With meds my HbA1c was 35 eventually. 6 months without, it was 38 so, although there was a slight rise, I had gradually increased my carb intake slightly and I was still in normal range. I'm not telling this for you to give me a pat on the back but to illustrate why I think your excellent improvement and control will probably have helped your pancreas to function better. I'm no scientist... Just my experience.
One thing I've noticed since diagnosis is that my body is very sensitive and I know when I need to eat. Either that or I've cured a thick skull ;-).
Well done so far. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An amazing 4.7 pre dinner and not happy with that ... too low for my liking. Never been that level B4. Light lunches (put it down to one avocado to blame for 3 consecutive days and that's it) and have to build that up.

Morning to all of you :) MD :)
Get you mike! I've had 4's before, lowest ever 4.4, I seem to feel ok on it when it happens,how do you do with it? I only ever have a light lunch these days as breakfast seems to satisfy me longer thanks to lchf!

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you will be fine because you aren't changing your low carb regime so your pancreas won't get a huge shock! The meds have been merely supporting your pancreas. I came off the meds because I found they were keeping me too low so I think there was room for a slight increase. With meds my HbA1c was 35 eventually. 6 months without, it was 38 so, although there was a slight rise, I had gradually increased my carb intake slightly and I was still in normal range. I'm not telling this for you to give me a pat on the back but to illustrate why I think your excellent improvement and control will probably have helped your pancreas to function better. I'm no scientist... Just my experience.
One thing I've noticed since diagnosis is that my body is very sensitive and I know when I need to eat. Either that or I've cured a thick skull ;-).
Well done so far. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
Thats a helpful insight, thank you peacetrain!
My last hba1c in late Oct was 38 and dn was ok with me continuing on meds and review at next hba1c in April, it was when I queried with my GP about my sudden nightime waking and hot spells etc he said to stop, I wasn't sure but I guess as that was 2 months on from 38 and still doing the same I could have dropped further still. I just don't want to get a big increase in april- but given I'm not changing anything hoping it doesn't happen!!

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Get you mike! I've had 4's before, lowest ever 4.4, I seem to feel ok on it when it happens,how do you do with it? I only ever have a light lunch these days as breakfast seems to satisfy me longer thanks to lchf!

Thanks Kimbo

More testing I guess and more theories. I felt OK but I just KNEW I'd be in the 5s, but didn't expect a 4 reading at all. I've lightened up on breakfast servings so now need to eat more ....and my weight is perfect.

Better than double figures (thank heavens my worst max was 9.9) but I want some consistency :)

Mike :)

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.