Vitamin Supplements and Type 2 Diabetes

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread is full of " medical advice" as is the whole forum. Why the moderation?????

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
This thread is full of " medical advice" as is the whole forum. Why the moderation?????
I edited your post as there was dosage suggestions/instruction to another member .
Changes things a 'lot' when dosages get suggested/instruction to other members .
Hence the mod edit to this .

Reactions: 2 people

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My post was "twice as much". I have several books on amino acids and that is the advice given in them. I stated that because some people take cysteine without taking Vit C . Thus my post was a caution.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
My post was "twice as much". I have several books on amino acids and that is the advice given in them. I stated that because some people take cysteine without taking Vit C . Thus my post was a caution.
Using a book(s) as reference point and advising a member to use/take twice as much dosage :eek:

Please refer/see forum rules on this matter .
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ethos-forum-rules.50278/

You are not a GP or medically trained .

Please feel free PM me if you feel/wish to discuss this matter further .

clairemcg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vain as I am ;) Vit E and Q10 co enzyme And Propolis for skin hair etc, multi vit magnesium &iron vit C evening primrose omega fish oils and Vit B Complex, All Smacked down with a Cup of Lavazza (or 3)
Does it make a difference, yes my hair and skin are of a 30 year old and I'm 45 , the rest I can say with Fibromyalgia &Cfs my energy is on the floor without my vitamin cocktail

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't take anything. All my bloods are normal, liver, kidneys, bones, lipids. I feel and look healthy and well. Haven't had a bug or virus in years. (touching wood here ;) ) I would only take supplements if some of my indicators showed I needed them and the doctor advised it. Some vits and minerals are just as bad with high levels as low levels. But there again, I don't have any health issues apart from Type 2.

Reactions: 6 people