BS readings

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Grrrrrrrr I opened a new pot at bedtime and am now wondering ......... it's that pesky batch 26.
I've just started a batch with that number, this last few days, but as yet I haven't noticed anything untoward. I don't think!
5.1 fasting this morning.
Caffe Nero porridge with soya milk and cinnamon.
1 hour later 6.7
2 hours 5.5
Whilst I don't like the idea of a 6.7 I think it's in range so I guess I can carry on with the porridge.

Reactions: 6 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting morning:

Woke at 6:30 and went to the loo etc.
7:40 I was 5.2

I then walked the brisk walk to my daughter's that took about 14 minutes.

8:16 I was 5.3

I had my 35g of oats but with water (I only have soya at caffe nero).

Just over an hour later I was 4.7 and an hour after that I was 5.2. I took a couple of readings each time to make sure.

When I have the oats at work I go to about 6.7/6.8 after an hour before dropping right back after 2 hours. Strange. I do put about 15ml of soya milk in to cool it though.

I think I once read here that exercise before food was beneficial. Perhaps my result today illustrates that? Who knows!
On the other hand I haven't really done a fair test! However, today tells me I'm ok with oats and water, with a short brisk walk in the mix.

Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just can't contain my excitement any longer :happy:

I started to feel a little light headed so I just checked my blood sugars... And I couldn't believe this... it's. 5.7
At last my body must be thinking... Hey what's going on here... This reduced carb thingy is working!

It's all thanks to the generous advice and support from all you guys. :joyful: :happy:

Reactions: 12 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I started to feel a little light headed so I just checked my blood sugars... And I couldn't believe this... it's. 5.7
At last my body must be thinking... Hey what's going on here... This reduced carb thingy is working!

It's all thanks to the generous advice and support from all you guys. :joyful: :happy:
Out of interest, how long have you been low carbing?

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of interest, how long have you been low carbing?

I'd say about 5 weeks of gradually reducing carbs. It's taken me until this week to get my head around having cream and coconut oil. :rolleyes:
I don't eat meat, fish or eggs, so I sometimes struggle with what to have.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'd say about 5 weeks of gradually reducing carbs. It's taken me until this week to get my head around having cream and coconut oil. :rolleyes:
I don't eat meat, fish or eggs, so I sometimes struggle with what to have.
Wow, food choices are restricted so, well done!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well done @Rose28, it's wonderful when you see your hard work paying off. I am really pleased for you

Reactions: 8 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

5.3 fasting
5.6 before lunch
6.2 at 2 hours
5.0 before tea
6.9 at 2 hours (included a slice of garlic bread, 6 chips)
6.2 at 2.5 hours
5.0 at bedtime

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

5.3 fasting
5.6 before lunch
6.2 at 2 hours
5.0 before tea
6.9 at 2 hours (included a slice of garlic bread, 6 chips)
6.2 at 2.5 hours
5.0 at bedtime
I'm watching you BT ... Your results make me wonder if I might be a little more adventurous! I'm monitoring the porridge. Next I'm going to try Granny Smith's apple. Both of these are supposed to be good for lowering cholesterol.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm watching you BT ... Your results make me wonder if I might be a little more adventurous! I'm monitoring the porridge. Next I'm going to try Granny Smith's apple. Both of these are supposed to be good for lowering cholesterol.

Lol. I'm fine with half an apple sliced up in my yogurts. I haven't tried one on its own yet. I've been fine with 6 chips for a long time now, and 6 are better than none. The garlic bread is relatively recent. I eat it as a starter with lots of Hellmans and button mushrooms. I did experiment with a blob of HP sauce with my Black Farmers sausage. The sauce bottle went in the bin afterwards! I'm lucky in that my lipids have all improved significantly on LCHF, which was one in the eye for Dr. M. and her statins. Good luck with the Granny Smiths.

Reactions: 11 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Rose28, it's wonderful when you see your hard work paying off. I am really pleased for you

Thank you Kezzer. This is just the beginning. I've so much to learn about low carbing as a vegetarian and hoping that I'll be seeing more and more blood sugar readings under 6.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a whole day of 5.7's.
before breakfast 5.7 and 2 hrs after 5.7.
same for dinner and tea.
As Shrek would say "That'll do donkey, that'll do".:D