olives

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ok, just don't eat too many

Trinkwasser

The more peppery the better (applies also to olive oil), I can't remember the name of the nicronutrient off the top of my head

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Trink
You have micronutrients on the top of your head. :shock:
Is this wise.
I don't know the condition but I will look it up. :D

Ken.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....it's cephalmicronutraemichaematoma.

wiflib

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sorry. Can you spell that ?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
actually, my faves are those great big, fat queen olives with a whole clove of garlic stuffed in the middle.

(insert drooly smiley)

wiflib

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
why oh why do I do that to myself.

I now want big, fat queen olives stuffed with a whole clove of garlic, but I'm at work. And work ain't a deli. Could someone be a dear a nip out and get some for me please?

wiflib

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I love the ones with almonds in.and why do I love green and dislike black olives?
Liking olives is hereditary. We never had olives at home when I was growing up. Once I'd discovered them that was it. My mother told me, many years after he'd died that my father loved them too. I know I never saw him eat one. Mother hates them and being in charge of shopping, she never bought them. She was a different kind of wife from me
I buy spinach for Other half, even though I don't care for it.

Grumpy

The olives with anchovy in are nice, and so are the ones with a green chilli stuffed up it. One of my customers loves olives with lemon rind in, but I've never tried 'em.

Trinkwasser

My favourites are the huge big queen olives with the stone still in them. Then all the other kinds . . .

. . . yeah I suppose I do have micronutrients on the brain, I have read a lot of this guy's work on usenet

http://www.phlaunt.com/quentin/

He was writing on stuff years before it became mainstream. Once you get the carb/fat/protein balance worked out to the satisfaction of your meter and lipid panels you can do a lot of work on the minutiae (see the Eat The Rainbow thread)

New Zealand in general was way ahead of us, when we were told to eat five a day they were already extending that to five COLOURS a day

Trinkwasser

My favourites are the huge big queen olives with the stone still in them. Then all the other kinds . . .

. . . yeah I suppose I do have micronutrients on the brain, I have read a lot of this guy's work on usenet

http://www.phlaunt.com/quentin/

He was writing on stuff years before it became mainstream. Once you get the carb/fat/protein balance worked out to the satisfaction of your meter and lipid panels you can do a lot of work on the minutiae (see the Eat The Rainbow thread)

New Zealand in general was way ahead of us, when we were told to eat five a day they were already extending that to five COLOURS a day

Trinkwasser

I embarassed myself this week. I'd bought two jars of queen olives and they looked damaged so I took them back.

(In my favour, M'Lud, I'd just like to point out that I DID have a jar that had gone bad a while back, the seal had failed and the fluid had gone cloudy and putrid)

I thought it was a bit odd getting two jars the same. Oh-oh, I'd picked up the olives stuffed with Feta cheese.

Must remember to wear my glasses more often.

pinkutalukdar

Every diabetic seems to process foods a little bit differently, but the one thing we all have in common is that we have trouble with carbs. So the olive oil isn't going to be an issue; if there is a problem, it'll be the chickpeas or the pita bread.
I suggest you serve the felafel with plenty of salad (to slow the blood-sugar spike) and whole-wheat or lo-carb pita, if you can find it.
Sounds like a great meal, your guest should enjoy it!