Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5. Freezing here and I'm full of cold . Wish I could stay in bed but I need to go food shopping and have a course tonight. Is there any room in your bags to paradise @AndBreathe as I don't think I'm cut out for this weather now I've lost weight?

Reactions: 12 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Morning from a very unhappy Bluetit :(

5.6 at bedtime (usually lower)
6.5 this morning. (monthly averages have been 5.6 or lower since June)

That is my HIGHEST ever fasting since getting my meter last April. Tested 3 times, and all readings were the same. I was only 7 on diagnosis in January. Tried and tested meal last night, nothing untoward in it. Nothing out of routine. Hands scrubbed etc. Sound night's sleep. Not cold. Not hot. No stress. No sign of illness. Totally perplexed. :confused::mad::confused::eek::arghh:

Didn't have any beetroot did you!

Reactions: 11 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

That is my HIGHEST ever fasting since getting my meter last April. Tested 3 times, and all readings were the same. I was only 7 on diagnosis in January. Tried and tested meal last night, nothing untoward in it. Nothing out of routine. Hands scrubbed etc. Sound night's sleep. Not cold. Not hot. No stress. No sign of illness. Totally perplexed. :confused::mad::confused::eek::arghh:

Take the advice you ALWAYS give me ..... a one off BT ...... it's not high, it just doesn't meet your standards. :)

One day means zilch. Take care and just relax :) Mike :)

Reactions: 16 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It happens. Sometimes I think because we have such good control 99.9% of the time it's easy to forget that we have been diagnosed as diabetics with all the BS disregulation that implies. Maybe you are brewing something ? X

Reactions: 14 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Record it and move on. If you can't work it out, there's no point stressing over it, unless you have 10 more in the same category.

That's the joy of diabetes!

Reactions: 11 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5. Freezing here and I'm full of cold . Wish I could stay in bed but I need to go food shopping and have a course tonight. Is there any room in your bags to paradise @AndBreathe as I don't think I'm cut out for this weather now I've lost weight?

Trust me, with Mr B's internet shopping since he went back, I can guarantee no room in my bags! You could buy a ticket and carry my luggage though. :D

I'm decent like that. ;) (5 home sleeps and 1 hotel sleep)

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.5 here, that's a bit better (always seems to be when I have fish for dinner - baked salmon in this case - maybe there's a message there, except I don't like salmon that much!).

Reactions: 14 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take the advice you ALWAYS give me ..... a one off BT ...... it's not high, it just doesn't meet your standards. :)

One day means zilch. Take care and just relax :) Mike :)

It happens. Sometimes I think because we have such good control 99.9% of the time it's easy to forget that we have been diagnosed as diabetics with all the BS disregulation that implies. Maybe you are brewing something ? X

Record it and move on. If you can't work it out, there's no point stressing over it, unless you have 10 more in the same category.

That's the joy of diabetes!

Thanks, whatever would I do without you lot!

It's recorded and forgotten. Breakfast plus an hour was a much lower than usual rise, so I'm smiling again and thinking it may have been a meter blip, despite 3 identical readings on different fingers. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It's recorded and forgotten. Breakfast plus an hour was a much lower than usual rise, so I'm smiling again and thinking it may have been a meter blip, despite 3 identical readings on different fingers. :)

Which batch of strips is this on? I have a lot of packs coming today or tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers they're consistent..

Wasn't it a lot simpler when we didn't "know" what the score was going to be?

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

MUCH less than we could have done without you BT :)

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AndBreathe I agree no one will notice!:) my twin from the other side of the globe! X

@sanguine salmon is tried and tested, I get the lowest numbers the next day if I have them for my meal--works everytime :) x

@Bluetit1802, hopefully we will get a better reading Tom xx

KeynLad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Also think about WHEN you test. I discovered this recently aftyer reading posts from others. If I test as soon as I roll out of bed, it's about 0.5 to 0.7 LOWER than if I test just 20 mins later after shave, shower etc, even though I've still not eaten. It's because the body is saying, "right, you're up at last, better give you some sugar to start fuelling your day." The roll-out-of-bed reading is a better indicator for me of what I've been all night and hence effect on averages - I'm on diet-only
Malc

Thanks for this. My reading is about 1.2 higher than the roll out of bed one after I get going and prepare (but not eat) breakfast. I have mobility problems so expend a lot of energy just getting around hence, I suppose, the larger difference, the smaller reading is typically 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.