Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
So sorry you have had a bad day,hope tomorrow will be better .

Reactions: 10 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Morning from a very unhappy Bluetit :(

5.6 at bedtime (usually lower)
6.5 this morning. (monthly averages have been 5.6 or lower since June)

That is my HIGHEST ever fasting since getting my meter last April. Tested 3 times, and all readings were the same. I was only 7 on diagnosis in January. Tried and tested meal last night, nothing untoward in it. Nothing out of routine. Hands scrubbed etc. Sound night's sleep. Not cold. Not hot. No stress. No sign of illness. Totally perplexed. :confused::mad::confused::eek::arghh:
Sorry to hear that @Bluetit1802 ...hope you get to the bottom of it...if not put down to a blip...watch the trend...blips though perplexing,,,have to be put into context and taken with the appropriate perspective....i had a couple of them last week...:pompous:

Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

Morning from a very unhappy Bluetit :(

5.6 at bedtime (usually lower)
6.5 this morning. (monthly averages have been 5.6 or lower since June)

That is my HIGHEST ever fasting since getting my meter last April. Tested 3 times, and all readings were the same. I was only 7 on diagnosis in January. Tried and tested meal last night, nothing untoward in it. Nothing out of routine. Hands scrubbed etc. Sound night's sleep. Not cold. Not hot. No stress. No sign of illness. Totally perplexed. :confused::mad::confused::eek::arghh:
So horrid when we get unexpected readings. I got a 10 last week. No idea why at all. Tom is a new day. Sending hugs xxx

Reactions: 11 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Have had a bad day today and am feeling quite miserable :-(
Bg this morning 10.6. Slept in for work, and when I got there realised that I should have been somewhere else for our team day! - bad start! Got to the venue; fortunately I had taken some ham, cream and an avocado with me, as all that was on offer were cakes, pastries and biscuits. Lunch was equally disappointing with curry and rice, or plain salad, followed by Death by Chocolate cake and cream. Had salad with my avocado, and caved in and had some cake and cream. Bg 2hrs after was 12.6! ***?! Just sat through the whole afternoon becoming increasingly mis, wish I could retire!!!
Sorry to hear that mate....TOMORROW is ANOTHER DAY a new DAWN...A Better PLACE...we ALL have these days sometimes...just let it go for now....BETTER NEWS COMING!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear that mate....TOMORROW is ANOTHER DAY a new DAWN...A Better PLACE...we ALL have these days sometimes...just let it go for now....BETTER NEWS COMING!

Thanks, it's hard to remain positive though, I woke up feeling rotten so I'm just going to write today off. Sometimes the only option is to put myself to bed and sleep it off :sleep:

Thanks everyone for your good wishes x

Last edited by a moderator:

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well...7.00 2 hours after dinner with flatbread, cauliflower and potato curry...and a mixed salad...i'm ok with that. 7.8 would be normal....2 months ago my numbers would have been for the same meal nearer 10.00

Reactions: 11 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
& just decided on dinner tomorrow.
Liver bacon & onions with a gravy made from the left over juice & the left over veg, Now that sounds Goooooood to me, not had liver & onions for yrs.
So here it is, looks like a plate of groul but tasted delish. plus 2hrs post was 5.2.:cool:;)

Darn it cant upload me gallery has froze for some reason, still probs for the better. would be a bit of a shock to the eyes.:eek::D

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
4.7 as soon as i woke up. Feeling just a little jumpy and not sure if I'm happy when I'm below mid 5s :)

Evening all :)

Reactions: 20 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
4.7 as soon as i woke up. Feeling just a little jumpy and not sure if I'm happy when I'm below mid 5s :)

Evening all :)
Hi mike have a look at dr r bernstein's book "diabetis explained 4 th edition" he states normal bs's are between 3.4 to 4.8 with a rise of only 1.0 and returning to normal within 1 hr, there are a few posters on here who regularly post at 3.4 , i myself am aiming for 4.3 or thereabouts. But as we know were all........different ::))

S

Sable_Jan

So here it is, looks like a plate of groul but tasted delish. plus 2hrs post was 5.2.:cool:;)

Darn it cant upload me gallery has froze for some reason, still probs for the better. would be a bit of a shock to the eyes.:eek::D
But to the tastebuds ..... Heaven.....

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.2 at bedtime and nothing over 6.9 all day. Happy with that as I've had bread and pasta today - admittedly not in the quantities I once would have done.....

Reactions: 14 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Is this man ever satisfied! ;) I say well done.
It's unfamiliar territory BT .... but most of my morning readings are usually after I've been awake for an hour or so. It's only recently I test as soon as I wake and generally, those numbers are always 5.4 or below. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi mike have a look at dr r bernstein's book "diabetis explained 4 th edition" he states normal bs's are between 3.4 to 4.8 with a rise of only 1.0 and returning to normal within 1 hr, there are a few posters on here who regularly post at 3.4 , i myself am aiming for 4.3 or thereabouts. But as we know were all........different ::))
Thanks Clive :) Will look that up :)

Mike

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 Fasting, seems to be always about the same.

Only worry I have is, I'm posting my fasting after Australia has woken up!!!! o_O Have been at work all day.

Neil

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.