Blood sugars and having a row

Pink

I'm just wondering if people have noticed a correlation between having a row or a strong argument with someone and then a rise in blood sugar.

I woke up at 7.9 had a bowl of Branflakes with milk took 4 units of my fast acting to cover my brekkie then had an argument and an hour and half later my bs is 18.3!

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing.
Pinkx

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: Blood sugars ansd having a row

Fluctuations in blood sugar levels can be associated with changes in mood. However, this typically occurs only with extremely high or low blood sugar levels.

So. The thing is pink, which came first ?? The elevated Bg or the argument.

Ken.

Pink

I'm thinking its got to be the row because that's a regular breakfast for me and my rising sugars r normally between 5-7.

foreverdelayed

Im the other way, tend to get a drop. Was in a car crash and had to search through my wrecked motor for glucose tablets!! Bs was 6.2 before i set off

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.

Hi pink.

I know if I get agitated my Bg climbs as well. So it may be that.
Might still be worth checking an hour after your brekkie another day just to check the effect on your Bg level. Worth knowing.

Ken.

Chanah

I used to rent a room from people who argued constantly with each other. By the time objects were flying, as well as the tears and screams, my normally 5 - 6 blood sugar could go up to 12 or 14. And a horrible upset stomach and headache to go with them.

I know it was that, cos days they were out, I was fine. Also haven't had any of those episodes since I moved out of there. But I'd always get that sick feeling when they started and the BS would go up like clockwork.

juliao

Hiya
Ive noticed an increase in BG following an argument or very stressful situation.
Would I be right in thinking that it is to do with increased adrenalin levels. An argument prepares our bodies for a fight both emotionally and physically and therefore the adrenalin levels rise, it is not usual for us to physically fight following an argument so the adrenalin just sits there for a while before it subsides.

love and peace
julia