Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late posting. 5.3 this morning, I was too tired to exercise last night.

Reactions: 18 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All you have done is extend your fasting time, which can trigger the liver to produce extra glucose to keep you out of what it thinks is starvation mode. Its just the liver dump most likely, plus a bit from stress and illness maybe.

Thanks @Bluetit1802 didn't think of extended fasting.

Reactions: 10 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good stuff Diana :)

6.1 here at 6 am for an early start - a bit disappointing after 4.5 > 5.6 for dinner last night.

Thank you Rod. I've now been on metformin for a year and LCHF'ing for 10 months Do they give trophy points here for patience and perseverance? :D

Reactions: 8 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
OK guys....are you ready....this is the culmination of all the hard work you have helped me to do with your love, guidance, wisdom, commitment, humour, frankness, honesty, knowledge, sympathy, empathy, and anything else you can think of.

My Hba1c after 3 months exactly is 38 and 5.6 Down from 86 and 12.3
Lets Celebrate...Lets party with LCHF

My DN said "how did you manage it, I have never seen such a reduction, are you still taking the Metformin?...er NO. Well done. Please go and tell people about your success to show what can be achieved." So guys I am telling you, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your help and guidance. You know who you are.:***::):playful::spitoutdummy::happy::cat::cat:

Reactions: 23 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Thank you Rod. I've now been on metformin for a year and LCHF'ing for 10 months Do they give trophy points here for patience and perseverance? :D

No but they should for an avatar with the best legs fnarr fnarr :cool:

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.5 but no exercise last nite (too hot) and a sweaty nite. That's OK with me :) Evening everyone :)

Reactions: 12 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Busy day, late in. Todays figures
Morning: 7.1 mmol/l
Pre Dinner: 6.4 mmol/l

Reactions: 10 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK guys....are you ready....this is the culmination of all the hard work you have helped me to do with your love, guidance, wisdom, commitment, humour, frankness, honesty, knowledge, sympathy, empathy, and anything else you can think of.
FANTASTIC! ! well done! I got pretty much the same response from my dn too, how can they not now realise that we get the results from not eating the carbs they advocate?!
Hope you are proud?!

My DN said "how did you manage it, I have never seen such a reduction, are you still taking the Metformin?...er NO. Well done. Please go and tell people about your success to show what can be achieved." So guys I am telling you, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your help and guidance. You know who you are.:***::):playful::spitoutdummy::happy::cat::cat:

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Still feeling glum today, and rather nauseous. BG 9.1 on rising, but took it an hour ago and it's gone up to 10.6! Even though I have had nothing to eat due to nausea! What's going on there? I would have thought it should go down naturally without food, or is that just my ignorance of the condition? Any ideas anyone?
Maybe you should consider testing for ketones, dry mouth ? thirsty, vomiting/nausea or abdominal pain ? It is desirable to check if they are above 13.9 mmol/l. This had been happening to me 2 months ago, retching on waking and thirsty. Now ketones have been detected in my urine and I test my blood ketones using a Glucomen LX plus meter and B-Ketone strips. The Diabetic Clinic will prescribe these for you. Cheer up pls, I have been there.:)

Reactions: 7 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sooooo good, well done

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 I'm with you beatdise, similar figures, but throw a 3.9 & a 6.0, not generally first thing out of bed but within 10/15 mins.

Not complaining its a lot better than averages when I was diagnosed in May 2014, which reminds me have an appointment for
Blood to be done 5/2/15, 1st since diagnosis, will be interesting to see if my efforts are rewarded with a better reading.

What will be will be, keep safe everyone.
Seems a very long time John! I had a hba1c after 6 weeks then three months, my next is in April, 6 moths after the last in October! !
With your records though I'd bet on a good result!!

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. I had stalled on the weight loss, but mixed my diet up a bit this week and have dropped another 2 kgs. Still lchf of course, but having yogurt for breakfast this week instead of eggs and less cheese. Yogurt sees me a little higher than normal (for me) after 2 hours, but still within what the expected increase is recommended. I think I got a bit too in a rut.

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

Supremely well done. Thought the song was going to be "I believe in miracles" your DN certainly does now. Mind you, they don't just happen, they take a lot of hard work. So proud of you for your success :):):):)

Reactions: 7 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe you should consider testing for ketones, dry mouth ? thirsty, vomiting/nausea or abdominal pain ? It is desirable to check if they are above 13.9 mmol/l. This had been happening to me 2 months ago, retching on waking and thirsty. Now ketones have been detected in my urine and I test my blood ketones using a Glucomen LX plus meter and B-Ketone strips. The Diabetic Clinic will prescribe these for you. Cheer up pls, I have been there.:)

Thanks Eddie, I didn't know that, I'll try to get some. I'll be ok, been here before :rolleyes: it just takes me a while

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.