sugar free biscuits

susieq67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found this thread and for anyone interested these biscuits are often available in the 99p Shops (not Poundland) - the same manufacturer does a range of gluten free biscuits as well (also available in the 99p Shop).

I prefer the Marie biscuits and I've found that they do spike my numbers a little - but nowhere near as much as 'normal' biscuits. I have 1 or 2 occasionally with an afternoon cup of tea :)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, cold feet, being the odd one out at outings ("can you make sure that's a diet coke").
I found some today in my local Tescos for a pound a packet. On offer. Have had them before from Aldi too. Don't get a huge spike from them, so will continue to have the odd one,as they keep well and I can eat them over a fair period of time. The trick is not to gorge on them.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only time I eat biscuits is if I bake my own from low carb ingredients. That way I know exactly what is in them .

It's kind of self limiting, because I don't bake them too often due to time. Having said that, there is a batch of dark chocolate chip cookies ( from the Wheat Belly Cookbook ) sending their siren song of scent from the oven as we speak ! :D
( (2.3 g carb each, and very generous in size ! :D )

Signy

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Digestive, choc chip, Marie, shortbread (ish) cream wafers.... Not too bad with any of them....in moderation of course
I got all excited for a moment thinking of cheese on digestives. Google says they are 10g carbs each :spitoutdummy: Thanks anyway Jan. I will find a successful low carb digestive or cracker one day :D

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just found this thread thanks stable Jan will be looking out for guloion biscuits had some gluten free ones of Dads a couple of weeks ago and they were nice :D:)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Couldn't sleep well so made some 74% cocoa chocolate and rasian cookies for church bring& share lunch

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, cold feet, being the odd one out at outings ("can you make sure that's a diet coke").
Been baking too. Not quite got the baking with coconut flout thing quite right yet. Made some muffins that came out more like rock cakes. Tried to make a form of pastry too. Didn't work.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i see there range in tescos at £1 a pck but dont fancy them if i dont make my own im always suspicious of what goes into them .. you never know really ... and seeing nearly 5g carbs omg never lol x

adam statham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi new to here but i have found the biscuits made by gulion are available at tesco on the £1 bit but i have also found them at a place called buyology which is based in wales and southampton and here in plymouth they stock the digestives, vanilla wafers (like the old pink ones but no sugar and there white) marie biscuits (rich tea ) choc chip cookies and all i do is get some for myself and send some up north to my mum and dad.

alicemason

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont know what is wrong with me I can't seem to stick to any kind of diet. I did for the first coupke of weeks but since then I have eaten anything and everything . I keep thinking if I ignore it that it will go away but I know it wont. I just ignore my symptoms but I am suffering really bad headaches . I'm type 2 was diagnosed last September

Scatty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bad manners, bad parents, avocado, oysters,
I have had biscuits from two different sources and like them very much, although
BEWARE : should you have dogs, the biscuits I purchased contain the sweetener
Xylotol and it is highly toxic to dogs.
There has been news over the past two weeks regarding dogs being very ill after
trying to eat discarded chewing gum containing the said sweetener.
As most of us dog lovers either drop bits on the floor or give the animals a tit bit,
it is something we rarely think about.

KPJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anybody else seen the gullon sugar free biscuits, have you tried them, and what do you think of them?
I have tried some and I like them.
They seem to be available through various sites, the main one begin Amazon.
I have tried these sugar free biscuits they do not taste sweet, but still only have a few at a time and I buy them from a large garden centre on the a 31 near Bagshot Surrey KPJ

tazvic21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya, just found this thread. I first found these biscuits in Aldi a few months ago but they only had them in for a couple of weeks. I got the Shortbread and Marie ones, I am Type 2, my Mum is not diabetic but we both enjoyed both these biscuits. I used the Shortbread ones as a base for my Cheesecake and as everything we eat if you don't eat them all in one go then now and again a small amount wont kill you. I have yesterday just found them on sale in Home & Bargins, with the addition of the Digestive kind. I will keep on eating these as I find that they do not raise my levels much but like everything else we eat not everything affects us all the same, so my opinion is try them for yourself and see is the only way you know for sure. Enjoy or not, my case is enjoy, thanks folks.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Found the sugar free digestives and maria biscuits in 99p shop and got a pack of each.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anybody else seen the gullon sugar free biscuits, have you tried them, and what do you think of them?
I have tried some and I like them.
They seem to be available through various sites, the main one begin Amazon.

The carbs are 8.7 per biscuit and a touch of sugar