Does Anyone here suffer with IBS

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
been type 2 and the fact i get no sodding help from the NHS at all
holy mother of god its awful :( went to docs yesterday and they said i have IBS. they also said this a year ago. but just before christmas my belly swelled up and i was feeling pain and bloating for weeks. now its not so bad but i get really bad cramps and constopation then the total opposite. truing the mebreven and buscopan. but not a lot of good. who else has it and what do you do?

petina

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
suffered for a long time, now one immodium a day keeps me free of pain and other IBS symptoms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I used to have real problems.......but since low carbing, I'm back to being regular. I was naughty over christmas, allowed myself time off and again I had issues. So now I'm back being good and low carbing and back to regular. I don't think I can tolerate bread/wheat/grains very well.

Reactions: 4 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
this started before i was low carbing but its not helped it either. i thought immodium stopped you going. i need to go more

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well if your suffering constipation and your low carbing you may need more fat. You could also try adding flax seed to things like yoghurt to help move things alone. Constipation can be a side effect of low carbing if your not eating enough of the above. I also found rhubarb helps, and is low carb.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
never really know how much fat to eat really. its not that clear and i dont want to over do it

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, my daughter suffers from IBS, she was diagnosed in Junior school and is now a teenager (14). The pain she used to go through was just horrible, so distressing and upsetting to see your child in so much pain.:bigtears: She was prescribed Fybrogel, hated that, so has been prescribed by our GP Dicycloverine Hydrochloride tablets which have helped her. Her trouble is the reverse of constipation :(
Good luck in finding some relief,

Best wishes RRB

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes i have IBS and take Buscopan tablets, i had problems for 10 years then they said its either IBS or bowl cancer that was 5 years ago now.

They told me to take 8 a day but only take one and it all seems fine.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find eating a large carrot, one a day, helps me. There are a few carbs in one so factor it into you carb count.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Immodium doesn't stop you from going... it just stops the pain, bloating and the need to go NOW!! Did the doctor not recommend something for you to take?

Reactions: 2 people

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes i have IBS and take Buscopan tablets, i had problems for 10 years then they said its either IBS or bowl cancer that was 5 years ago now.

They told me to take 8 a day but only take one and it all seems fine.
did they not test you for cancer

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Immodium doesn't stop you from going... it just stops the pain, bloating and the need to go NOW!! Did the doctor not recommend something for you to take?
you mebervine but i dont really ever need to go in a hurry. i just have a lot of belly ache and sharp pains

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
did they not test you for cancer

No all they said was they think its IBS when i told them about my brother having bowel cancer he just you could be back in a few months and have cancer. No offer of a test or anything.

And know waiting for scan to see why i have lost 8Kgs in 6 months some say its because my glucose is 45 then some say no.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I say demand they test you Now you have family history how can they not rush this in :(

Insulinman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Idiots
holy mother of god its awful :( went to docs yesterday and they said i have IBS. they also said this a year ago. but just before christmas my belly swelled up and i was feeling pain and bloating for weeks. now its not so bad but i get really bad cramps and constopation then the total opposite. truing the mebreven and buscopan. but not a lot of good. who else has it and what do you do?
I say demand they test you Now you have family history how can they not rush this in :(

There is a very simple way called Codein Phosphate 30mg suffice it to say They are the Stoppppppper's take one (1) and Wait?
trust me "Boy do they Work"
Al the best INSULINMAN on a pump

andy40

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Just shocking

Yes i agree it is but the doctors here are hopeless, i had a cyst removed on my back they never sent that off for tests. also had heart trace and they left me in the waiting room for an hour when i asked they said the doctor forgot about me waiting.

turvell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I dare speak ill of the NHS as we are all supposed to believe it's magical but the people that say that have had no real experience of it

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried increasing your fiber intake,
Fibre
The advice about fibre in treating IBS has changed somewhat over the years. Fibre (roughage - and other bulking agents) is the part of the food which is not absorbed into the body. It remains in your gut, and is a main part of stools. There is a lot of fibre in fruit, vegetables, cereals, wholemeal bread, etc. Some research studies have shown that a high-fibre diet helps symptoms in IBS; others have shown the opposite. In some people, perhaps particularly those with constipation, a high-fibre diet definitely helps. In others, often those with diarrhoea, a high-fibre diet makes symptoms worse. If you keep a symptom diary, you can work out which is true for you. Then you can adjust your fibre intake accordingly.

What seems to be the case is that the type of fibre is probably important. There are two main types of fibre - soluble fibre (which dissolves in water) and insoluble fibre. It is soluble fibre rather than insoluble fibre that seems to help ease symptoms in some cases. So, if you increase fibre, have more soluble fibre and try to minimise the insoluble fibre.

Dietary sources of soluble fibre include oats, ispaghula (psyllium), nuts and seeds, some fruit and vegetables and pectins. A fibre supplement called ispaghula powder is also available from pharmacies and health food shops. This seems to be the most beneficial type of supplement.
Insoluble fibre is chiefly found in corn (maize) bran, wheat bran and some fruit and vegetables. In particular, avoid bran as a fibre supplement.