What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

B 100g full fat greek yog, 2 fat bombs
S 2 cheese strings
L homemade hungarian mushroom soup, sugar free jelly, piece of peanut butter brownie
S salami stick
D crustless cheese and bacon quiche with salad and homemade coleslaw, followed by 2 squares 75% choc.

Fat bombs? What are those :eek:

S

Sable_Jan

Can I ask what your low carb hotchoc is?? I attempted to make one tonight and it was gross!
For mine I use cocoa powder (heaped teaspoon for my cup) mix it to a paste with some unsweetened soya milk then gradually top the cup up with soya milk. stick it in the microwave until its as hot as you like it (guess you could do the same in a pan) sometimes I add creamed coconut, sometimes mix coconut milk powder into the paste, sometimes add a desertspoonful of one of the Jordan's Skinny syrups (calorie & carb free)

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: I had a green smoothie - check the nice new link for recipes :) Bullet-proof coffee
Went for a bike ride
Had another coffee with cream and a small slice of my low carb cheesecake with my friend
L: Will be egg mayonnaise with chopped spring onion on my almond bread
Snack: Bowl of my chicken soup
D: Will be salmon, pan-fried in coconut oil and butter with green beans, brussels sprouts roasted with bacon and broccoli with garlic...
I might have strawberries, blueberries and cream afterwards.. :)
And of course my hot chocolate...
I love my life-plan... :)

Apologies if you've already posted these before ... Have you the recipes for low carb cheesecake and almond bread please? They sound yum!

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Rose28 if you are looking for a gelatine-free, cochineal-free, carb-free jelly for making cheesecake, I recommend one I get on Amazon called Simply Delish. Great flavours.

Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rose28 if you are looking for a gelatine-free, cochineal-free, carb-free jelly for making cheesecake, I recommend one I get on Amazon called Simply Delish. Great flavours.

Yes... Yes... Yes to all 3 :)

Have you any favourite flavours to recommend?

Im ordering stuff from Amazon today, so this'll go into my basket too! Thanks xx

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes... Yes... Yes to all 3 :)

Have you any favourite flavours to recommend?

Im ordering stuff from Amazon today, so this'll go into my basket too! Thanks xx

Lime for making cheesecake that you can call key lime pie
Pineapple!!
Cherry for adding coco powder to to make a kind of Black Forest Gateau effect jelly
Strawberry for during Wimbledon lol

Check out post #758

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/page-38

They also now do veggie sugar-free jelly crystals in Asda (Robinsons) Orange and lemon/lime, but they are not as flavoursome as the Simple Delish. Not as firm a wobble either.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Fat bombs? What are those :eek:
If you google there are all sorts. I make mine by melting 200g butter, 200g peanut butter and 100g 75% choc, then pour into silicone ice cube/choc moulds. chill in the fridge and pop out. They just help to boost the amount of fat I eat, and taste nice too.

Reactions: 10 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lime for making cheesecake that you can call key lime pie
Pineapple!!
Cherry for adding coco powder to to make a kind of Black Forest Gateau effect jelly
Strawberry for during Wimbledon lol

Check out post #758

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-recipes.4871/page-38

They also now do veggie sugar-free jelly crystals in Asda (Robinsons) Orange and lemon/lime, but they are not as flavoursome as the Simple Delish. Not as firm a wobble either.

I've saved the links to the above page... When I get more time I'll try and go through some more pages... Sooo many recipe ideas... :)

Years ago I use to buy Asda's own brand sugar free veggie friendly jelly crystals, very tasty flavours but then they stopped selling them. Ooh didn't realise Robinsons have started selling some now!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi Susikav
Is the "jello" in the recipe the jelly blocks or jelly crystals?
Thanks
Jan
I think the crystals really... It's all I can get here - no lovely jelly cubes... :(

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast
lunch bacon and leek frittata salad
snack decaff soy latte 3 sq drk chocolate
dinner fish done in foil with lemon and bit of butter( which I left as it seemed too much effort to pour on top of veg!) green beans, broccoli, 3 small potato wedges and pickled onions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

Today was home made yoghurt chia seeds and blueberries
L was chicken ceasar salad with loads of parmesan
D a mushroom and cheesy omlette
Stuffed!

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Apologies if you've already posted these before ... Have you the recipes for low carb cheesecake and almond bread please? They sound yum!
Of course... :) http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2011/10/14/healthy-gluten-free-and-low-carb-bread/
http://authoritynutrition.com/15-low-carb-bread-recipes/
http://www.thelondoner.me/2014/03/mums-low-carb-bread.html
Blimey, I've really messed this up! Trying to give you the alldayIdreamaboutfood.com site... you'll find almost anything you want on there... happy cooking... :)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you google there are all sorts. I make mine by melting 200g butter, 200g peanut butter and 100g 75% choc, then pour into silicone ice cube/choc moulds. chill in the fridge and pop out. They just help to boost the amount of fat I eat, and taste nice too.

I keep thinking about making fat bombs but when I buy peanut butter I just end up eating it all!

Reactions: 10 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My small queen tries to wash our hair, bless her... :cat: I am sure when I do, on odd occasions, sleep well, that my numbers are down, for sure... Is anyone else on statins? Do they notice any difference? My doctor said that most diabetics have to take statins sooner or later... why? Do we know? Is it common knowledge that I have missed? :) So many questions, so little time...

I think it's part of NICE guidelines to put peeps on statins once they have been diagnosed with diabetes, if I remember rightly there's a link between increased cholesterol and diabetes, and I also think they offer some protection against developing high cholesterol. On the other hand, I could have just made all that up in my foggy brain! I was put on them straight away when I was diagnosed with diabetes along with anti hypertensives. I had a lot of problems with all the medication, but with a bit of chopping and changing, it has settled down. I have read in other parts of the forum that statins affect BGs negatively, and a few people have refused them. Not sure of the research evidence, so perhaps someone could point us in the right direction?

Cats are funny creatures, I gave up trying to fight mine off at bed time - they will have their way! She did make me laugh though, I miss her and her little sister :cat: :cat: :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: ran out of berries and cream :-o so just Greek yoghurt today and a coffee with cream
L: M&S Mulligatawny soup
3 o'clockses: avocado
D: chicken and Mediterranean veg.

Did my shopping and am now well stocked with berries and cream for later :)

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.