Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi and breathe.
Under dn also saw podiatrist this morning she as changed dressing put special dressings on.
I am under so much stress & infection in toe causing high sugars.
But 2st on because of steroids but managed to loose it again.
I used to be 17st 10lbs now 13st 10lbs loss of 4 St.
So eating healthy see Dr tomorrow they are keeping a close eye on me.
Having a talk with one son tomorrow he his 33 but expects us to run rings round him.
Keeps threading suicide we said we would take him to Salvation Army. & another place which could help him does not want to go get help then accuses us of not doing anything for him.we live 25 miles away since hubby gone on pension I get £18 a week he expects us to go through night or day we keep telling him we cannot afford to.

Reactions: 2 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and breathe.
Under dn also saw podiatrist this morning she as changed dressing put special dressings on.
I am under so much stress & infection in toe causing high sugars.
But 2st on because of steroids but managed to loose it again.
I used to be 17st 10lbs now 13st 10lbs loss of 4 St.
So eating healthy see Dr tomorrow they are keeping a close eye on me.
Having a talk with one son tomorrow he his 33 but expects us to run rings round him.
Keeps threading suicide we said we would take him to Salvation Army. & another place which could help him does not want to go get help then accuses us of not doing anything for him.we live 25 miles away since hubby gone on pension I get £18 a week he expects us to go through night or day we keep telling him we cannot afford to.

so sorry to hear about your problems. Really hope things get better & it all works out for you.

Reactions: 5 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Mine was 17.5 at 6am :(.

I started LCHF last week so am a bit fed up about it. I'm guessing its DP as before bed it was 10.... still high but down on recent weeks. I'll test again mid morning.

Hi, it takes a few weeks to get the hang of LCHF. If you stick to it, it will come down. What are you eating?

Reactions: 10 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:( 8.1 this morning (8.4 at bedtime). I had strawberries, 6 large ones, for dessert last night with my FF Greek Yoghurt as an experiment and I guess I will have to rule them off my list of can-eats.
Try the strawberries again, but at a different time. I often eat them at night with cream.

Reactions: 13 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
80 mg/dl or 4.44 mmoles/l

Average for the last 10 days is 83 mg/dl with a standard deviation of +- 3 mg/dl . These results reflect the

influence of increased fibre intake.

Reactions: 18 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
80 mg/dl or 4.44 mmoles/l

Average for the last 10 days is 83 mg/dl with a standard deviation of +- 3 mg/dl . These results reflect the

influence of increased fibre intake.

interesting that you point that out. i also noticed if i consume a minimal amount of vegetables with dinner, my FBG the next morning more often than not is lower than if i do not consume veggies..unfortunately, i think my stomach is not particularly fond of my veggie intake. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I have FBC liver kidneys certain done at least every 3mths hbc1a every 6 mths and some other blood tests when needed. They have to do different ones cause of my med and medical history.
Yippee chest drain is gone and so far only 1 attack today:):).
That's wonderful news... bravo... :)

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8, off to catch a plane to Paris and on to Cote d'Ivoire.

Reactions: 22 people

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, it takes a few weeks to get the hang of LCHF. If you stick to it, it will come down. What are you eating?

Well, it was 10.4 this morning so that's an improvement. Food wise, I do get a bit stuck, but generally breakfast is either bacon, eggs & mushrooms or crustless quiche made with cream, bacon & mushrooms. Lunches are varied but low carb. Dinners tends to be meat eggs and mushrooms or stir fry. Mushroom feature heavily as you can see :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.2 this morning pre-breakfast, another chilly start defrosting the car before commencing journey to work.

But it is Friday so there is always something to celebrate, as usual Friday's are the gathering of the clans (Family), this evening
it will be drinkies, followed by food at home and the the footie.

House full tonight, something to look forward to.

Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 21 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, it was 10.4 this morning so that's an improvement. Food wise, I do get a bit stuck, but generally breakfast is either bacon, eggs & mushrooms or crustless quiche made with cream, bacon & mushrooms. Lunches are varied but low carb. Dinners tens to be meat eggs and mushrooms or stir fry. Mushroom feature heavily as you can see :)
I have mushrooms at least once a day, sometimes twice!!

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning- after going to bed on 5.7
I didn't really know what to expect today as I had my main meal at 3.30pm due to my 5-10 pm shift when I got home I had a cold black farmers sausage while making my hot chocolate, probably should have had more but didn't want to eat too much too late, may experiment more tonight as I'm on same shift again- really enjoyed my first last night, an eye - opener into society and how homelessness is perceived!

Reactions: 18 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A rotten 6.8 accompanied by a running nose and aching limbs so hoping it's that. Going to have to dig the threads out on DP as I was 5.6 at bedtime.

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.