Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.4 again ... but 6.9 @ 2 hours post the evening meal and lots of exercise Weird

Hi everyone !!

Reactions: 12 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That is one of its jobs. It helps prevent the liver from producing glucose.
Yes, but it didn't do anything for me. And it's supposed to be more of a long term affect, so it will be interesting to see if the change in what time they take the metformin makes a difference.

Reactions: 4 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Super-late today!
A dreadful 8.0 with a bedtime count of 7.0. Maybe the rise has something to do with the fact that back-to-back meetings meant my dinner ( eaten at 9.30pm) was a packet of those crispy Cooked, smoked, bacon strips and a few bits of cheese :(

Down to 7.1 after a pork chop and salad for breakfast. ;)

Reactions: 14 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, it was 10.4 this morning so that's an improvement. Food wise, I do get a bit stuck, but generally breakfast is either bacon, eggs & mushrooms or crustless quiche made with cream, bacon & mushrooms. Lunches are varied but low carb. Dinners tends to be meat eggs and mushrooms or stir fry. Mushroom feature heavily as you can see :)
I love mushrooms. I also love bacon, but I have to watch how much I eat of this as for some reason it keeps my blood sugar high longer. Mind you it is marginal really. My body loves meat, so lunch and dinner usually contain meat for me.

Reactions: 7 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
After The Lord Mayors Show how do I stay motivated...thats the real test I guess...I'm sO impressed with those of you who still keep going on the forum after you have hit your target numbers...

Reactions: 12 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8, but got up at 9.30. I have the sniffles.......I have never had hayfever in my life and I am starting to wonder if I have developed it.

Reactions: 14 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After being 6.0 both Thursday and Friday 5.1 today - which is one of my lowest!

Reactions: 21 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
6.7 mmol/l. Good morning peeps lol. Still chilly outside and I can smell the bacon, yummy :);)

Reactions: 16 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.7 this morning slowly starting to come down still got some infection cause last weeks full blood count has come back showing infection.
Had 1 asthma attack overnight so not slept great.

Reactions: 16 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 for me this morning. I have still been running a little higher than usual over the past few days. Yesterday I could understand it, based on a particularly frustrating turn of events that sent me scuttling across the county to pick up a replacement power supply for something in this house, that we access every day from overseas. So, although extremely frustrating, if it had to fail, it was better failing yesterday than in a week’s time.

Today I am waiting for a courier to arrive with something else we had to order at the last minute, then I really do have to start gathering my “stuff” together for packing. This place looks like a bomb has hit, and I detest this lack of order, but it’ll come together quickly later today (I hope!).

Tomorrow is the bonkers mixture of baking (my OH’s brother worships at the joint temples of my lemon drizzle cake and cheese scones, and I always, always do a batch of both when I see him), and general tidying up/tip trip/checking my lists and lists of lists.

Thankfully, things are falling into place, and now I just can’t wait to feel the sun on my bones, the sand between my toes and begin my daily swimming regime I so enjoy.

Have a great day playmates.

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.