What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Last night's Mexican dinner for me and a couple of pals:

Starter: jalapeño poppers
Main: Mexican cauliflower rice, spicy veg, guacamole, bean salad, shredded romaine, sour cream, salsa and cheese. For the carbers there were also wraps and lime Doritos.
Pudding: individual boozy chocolate and raspberry trifles
Loads of wine.

It was a good night. Had a comment today from one that they have a rotten hangover because the food was too healthy! Not enough stodge to soak up the alcohol :D

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

If you google there are all sorts. I make mine by melting 200g butter, 200g peanut butter and 100g 75% choc, then pour into silicone ice cube/choc moulds. chill in the fridge and pop out. They just help to boost the amount of fat I eat, and taste nice too.
Thanks @Lenny3 - that does sound nice

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

This thread makes me sooooo hungry :eek: but got lots of ideas for different meals.

Breakfast today - a pack of those breakfast biscuits I found lurking in the cupboard - McVities Cinnamon/apple/oats 35g carbs per pack - surprisingly 5.4 to 6.00 at two hours, 6.1 2.5 hrs and pre lunch (3hrs) 5.9

Lunch small pot hummus, hunk of Wensleydale and 6 Krackawheat - (up by 1.1 yesterday) let you know today's shortly

Well I did well to go no higher than 6.9 considering I also had 2, the last two, shortbread biscuits from a tin I was bought at Xmas. No more than one a day until now - well I couldn't leave that last one all by itself, it would have been cruel..... still maybe on the way up tho but shan't test as the duo won't be repleated

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have learned that I seem to be incapable of following recipe without tweaking it somehow - not always for the better, but in this case it works ok.
Inability to follow orders is hardly a strength and definitely a failing at times. (Mainly the latter!!!)

But sometimes we just have to accept our basic nature... ;)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I have learned that I seem to be incapable of following recipe without tweaking it somehow - not always for the better, but in this case it works ok.
Inability to follow orders is hardly a strength and definitely a failing at times. (Mainly the latter!!!)

Sounds like you like to do your own thing(s) regardless of . . . . ;):)

S

Sable_Jan

ooooh, just like me - I'm lucky if I follow a recipe for the first time without changing something - Odd times I do to see what the "original" should be like then adapt to taste after. Inability to follow orders may be a failing in the army but it is a strength to have confidence in doing things your own way - its INITIATIVE ......

Reactions: 8 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Tonight im trying venison burgers and cauliflower cheese.

alliebee

Alliebee! Hope you're well xx

I bought cauliflower yesterday, I'll find a recipe and try this ... So many positive comments about it.
Its lovely. Just cook cauli pieces till soft. Drain very well. Then mash with butter and a little cream and add grated cheese at the end and stir in well
I like it better than mashed potato

alliebee

Breakfast was bacon and watercress
Lunch out with family. Fillet steak salad peppercorn sauce mushrooms and just 2 chips
Supper will be a bowl of home made veggie soup

S

Sable_Jan

Going to have some "fish pie mix" fish with tons of green beans and a touch of pkt parsley sauce. Hungry now but outdoor dogs still having their teatime & play. Too early to eat for it to last until bedtime anyhow

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Going to have some "fish pie mix" fish with tons of green beans and a touch of pkt parsley sauce. Hungry now but outdoor dogs still having their teatime & play. Too early to eat for it to last until bedtime anyhow
This is why cats rock, they are much lower maintenance :cat::)

Would a nice cup of coffee take the edge off your hunger?

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I keep thinking about making fat bombs but when I buy peanut butter I just end up eating it all!
Are we allowed peanut butter then? :)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.